Good skincare ranges to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whammers

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm about to set up as a mobile beauty therapist (once my training is complete) and need some information on good skincare products to use. Other than buying off the shelf stuff from the shops, can anyone recommend any good websites for salon sized, good skincare and body care products?:lol:

I am completely biased (as the name suggests) - Moor Spa.

On a more serious note why not get in touch with skin care companies and ask for some samples to see what would suit you and your clients.

Also ask about their policies on minimum orders and whether they deal with mobile therapist.

Try to find out what support is offered too - do you get brochures, sachets, client assessment and prescription pads. You may even be able to get some free advertising. (if you don't ask you don't get).

It might also be an idea to use retail sizes or testers for mobile work as carrying large professional sizes will weigh a lot and take up a lot of space.

Regards
jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

Do you by any chance subscribe to Professional Beauty mag? If I were looking for a new range I would think about what I want from that range then sit down with the mag and phone all the skincare companies who are advertising in there and ask them the questions. (Some companies won't supply you if you're mobile.) Also have a search on here for similar threads, I'm sure there will be loads :)

I am completely biased (as the name suggests) - Moor Spa.

On a more serious note why not get in touch with skin care companies and ask for some samples to see what would suit you and your clients.

Also ask about their policies on minimum orders and whether they deal with mobile therapist.

Try to find out what support is offered too - do you get brochures, sachets, client assessment and prescription pads. You may even be able to get some free advertising. (if you don't ask you don't get).

It might also be an idea to use retail sizes or testers for mobile work as carrying large professional sizes will weigh a lot and take up a lot of space.

Regards
jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

Hello:)

This advice is great!
Ask around & get some samples. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!
Also ask your friends & family to try the samples. It is always good to get a range of opinions.
I am a mobile therapist & I use priadara. These products can be obtained through Ellisons or directly through their own website.
Good luck with everything xxx

hi there, good luck in setting up your mobile business, i currently use Dermalogica products and they are excellent, you can use them for all your treatments from facials to manicures etc, so its really cost effective! the name sells for it self so you could a killing on retail and they also do a small opening order for mobile therapists! worth a try!

hi there, good luck in setting up your mobile business, i currently use Dermalogica products and they are excellent, you can use them for all your treatments from facials to manicures etc, so its really cost effective! the name sells for it self so you could a killing on retail and they also do a small opening order for mobile therapists! worth a try!
ooo i love all their stuff but didnt think they supplied mobile is this a recent thing?

Choose a range that covers as many of your treatments as possible.
And get those samples & demo's from rep's where possible.

Natalie view- Natalie Group Aromatherapy is our choice, body /facial/ spa.
An example of an interactive- complete system.

HtH

XX J XX

i dont think its a recent thing, but i remember them asking me if i was salon based or mobile, as they had separate opening orders and also know of people who have opened a smaller acount. go to their website or give em a call they are lovely, and all your training will be free too!!

thanks very much for that i will defo check it out:hug:

Dermalogica products what I heard to offer their products you got to take their
classes once a year and the class is free and also a all day thing and you can sell their
products. (the woman who does my facials uses and sells Dermalogica)
That product sells..
I am always buying their eye cream and I can't find anyone But the her to buy from..
which ok she does a great job why not get extra on the side as well?:)

But like everyone has said, get samples and talk with the reps.

Another one you could look at is Eve Taylor -

https://www.eve-taylor.com/Index.aspx

They have recently launched a mobile kit at a very reasonable price. Give them a ring as they are also very helpful.

Latest posts

Back