good worthwhile training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe55

Reaction score
Just woundered if anybody could recomend any good training. I did a course with star nails at the begining of the year and would like to progress. thanks

Just my humble opinion, I don`t think you can get better than Creative..........I have had loads of training but haven`t looked back since finding them and I now feel as if I`ve actually learnt something

Rather than swapping around at this stage, maybe you'd be better off doing some workshops with Star Nails. As far as moving on to somebody like Creative, yes, Debs is quite right, they have an excellent reputation as trainers but you would not be able to do the conversion course until you've been qualified for a year so if you wanted to do something now, you would need to go back to square one and do a foundation course with them.

thanks i will look in to creative.

i have a problem more with the actual trainer that they use in my area for star nails really. She just plods along without explaining. In the past when i have asked her what i should do if i get this or that problem i have just been told that i dont need to no because she is teaching me all i need to no and i will not come accross these problems, now as far as im concerned im a new nail tech and im bound to come up against probs due to my inexperience. sorry to rant.

You could try Essential Nails i did my training with them and they are excellent for basic nail training you would need to do a little more training tho.
I did a home study course but i'm sure they have workshops you can go on.

Give them a call:
Telephone 01 440 820 999 OR 01 440 821 999

Also have a look at Gina's website.

www.ginawallace.com

thanks glittergirl i will check both of those out. x

Even if you don't go with Gina save her as a favorite shes got loadsa links for students. xx

chloe55 said:
Just woundered if anybody could recomend any good training. I did a course with star nails at the begining of the year and would like to progress. thanks
hi chloe - i trained with OPI - but switched to creative last month, and i must say that the trainers are excellent. and worth every single penny. i learned stuff off creative that OPI didnt even mention, and ive been a tech for 4 years now, the learning never stops, and with creative, you will always look forward to the next teaching experience. i only wish i had gone with creative from the start of my career instead of OPI, i would have saved myself alot of cash in the long run.

have sent you a private message.............. i completed my training with star in june also in cumbria

our nearest creative training is in Blackpool................ were out on a limb here arent we

Are there no other Star trainers in the area? I'd speak to Head Office and ask them and tell them why - she shouldnt answer questions like that!

there is one course of training in the whole of cumbria and thats star nails

all you companies out there Cumbria does excist :lol:

I'm a Star said:
there is one course of training in the whole of cumbria and thats star nails

all you companies out there Cumbria does excist :lol:
Okay, guys, there's nothing for it, you're gonna have to move :lol:

I think no matter what company you go with its all down to the trainer at the end of the day. Youshould definately report this trainer as being pretty incompetant, if you didn't need to know it you wouldn't ask! I would definately speak to head office as this isn't a good start for you if you feel so let down.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out, but don't just except what's happening.

I'm a Star said:
it seems we both had the same trainer and the same problems............... i posted about how bad the trainer washttp://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=5212
I read the attached thread: you should definitely speak to Head Office, complain and list the problems you asked about and demand that they answer them: there must be other Star Nails trainers in your area, surely??

Almost sounds like she cant be bothered to be honest. my Star nails trainer was extremely helpful and i think told me more than she was supposed to to be honest. Unfortunately she isn;t with Star anymore.:|

Latest posts

Back