Goodbye Gelish, hello Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use my CND lamp with my ACG and have zero problems whatsover despite what the manufacturers state. In fact all my prep products that I use are CND's too. Gelish are hardly going to recommend another companies products.

I use 2 systems and find I'm also able to offer something to everyone.

Shellac isn't a cure all for every client, just like ACG or any other gel polish is either, nothing wrong with a bit of variety. :)

I love that someone actually get that!! CND Shellac or gel polish isn't for every client!!! It's soo hard getting that across to clients and nail pros!!

I use my CND lamp with my ACG and have zero problems whatsover despite what the manufacturers state. In fact all my prep products that I use are CND's too. Gelish are hardly going to recommend another companies products.

I use 2 systems and find I'm also able to offer something to everyone.

Shellac isn't a cure all for every client, just like ACG or any other gel polish is either, nothing wrong with a bit of variety. :)

If a manufacturer require you use a specific lamp ignoring that will render insurance invalid and you won't be covered. Also you do not know if you are over / under curing a product. this is very different to it looking cured and lasting as a cured product.

I have an NSI, Shellac and IBD lamp, unfortunately I can't carry them all around with me as I'm mobile, so I use my Shellac lamp because it's the better lamp. Also NSI didn't ever specify that you had to use a specific lamp but I will check with ACG (I've just checked other posts and any standard lamp is recommended). As far as I'm aware it was only ever CND that said that in order for Shellac to be cured properly we HAD to use their lamp.

In a dream world i would offer them all with the correct lamp, but as mentioned before funds are low. If I am too offer a service I have to offer all the correct products that go with it, bit funny like that. And it intrigues me when I go to clients who have had Gelish before and they say ooh so and so never used to do that?
I haven't changed anything since I did my training so god knows what other people are doing, and I'm talking really basic stuff!
Just going to have a long think about it, I'm away in two weeks so won't be rushing into anything until after my hols

I have an NSI, Shellac and IBD lamp, unfortunately I can't carry them all around with me as I'm mobile, so I use my Shellac lamp because it's the better lamp. Also NSI didn't ever specify that you had to use a specific lamp but I will check with ACG (I've just checked other posts and any standard lamp is recommended). As far as I'm aware it was only ever CND that said that in order for Shellac to be cured properly we HAD to use their lamp.

Yes, when i did my Gelish training they said to use a Gelish led lamp or a standard 36w uv lamp. But require you to have their lamp.

In a dream world i would offer them all with the correct lamp, but as mentioned before funds are low. If I am too offer a service I have to offer all the correct products that go with it, bit funny like that. And it intrigues me when I go to clients who have had Gelish before and they say ooh so and so never used to do that?
I haven't changed anything since I did my training so god knows what other people are doing, and I'm talking really basic stuff!
Just going to have a long think about it, I'm away in two weeks so won't be rushing into anything until after my hols

Enjoy your hols, anywhere nice?
(can i come LOL :D)

Turkey with 30!!! Other people 😳 slightly nervous going to be chaos! Feel sorry for the other hotel guests but it looks amazing! The Hillside Beach Club 😍 it's for a family's 75th!
I will have Vinylux toes and Gelish hands! Like to match my toes to my shoes! Haha is that a little ott?!

Turkey with 30!!! Other people 😳 slightly nervous going to be chaos! Feel sorry for the other hotel guests but it looks amazing! The Hillside Beach Club 😍 it's for a family's 75th!
I will have Vinylux toes and Gelish hands! Like to match my toes to my shoes! Haha is that a little ott?!

No go for it girl, and have a smashing time xxx (lucky so and so :green:)

Sooo excited just booked the shellac brings them back course, had to buy the kit in advance though but after scrapping and shuffling money managed to book and buy :)

Just use the search function and you should find it :)

I find CND bring out collections at good times and not too many colours at once! Everyone moaned there wasn't enough CND Shellac colours at first but I was happy as its less money to spend buying all those colours! With CND shellac there isn't one colour I wouldn't want/use ok if you starting out maybe not all the French colours but there's not that many!

I'm the kind of girl that likes EVERYTHING!! ....yes it makes my boat go slower.... But I would hate for a client to come in and say ohh my friend had a lovely CND Shellac colour called blah blah can I have it please .... Then for my answer to be .. No sorry I don't have that one! That's my NIGHTMARE so I do have every CND Shellac colour but then I've had it since day 1 so I haven't had to buy them all at once but you do get your money worth from those little bottle :)

i have to agree with amelia, my boat may go a little slower too as i always have to have everything and more lol BUT as amelia also said at least when clients come they know i have the whole range (well very nearly) and i have had clients come to me and say oh my friend had hers done where she lives and they dont have many colours but its great that you have so much choice to go with my outfits etc. It was the same with vinylux the other day a client looked at the leaflet and then said "so which colours do you have"? and when i said all of them she was delighted!xx

Yep this is what I am finding and it's hard to explain to clients oh I will get them eventually. I rang sweetsquared today and they said the shelf life of shellac once opened and provided you look after them is 12months. The size of the bottles is perfect for me as I don't do many clients (mostly HD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from my holiday & made my mind up I am switching from Gelish to Shellac!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from my holiday & made my mind up I am switching from Gelish to Shellac!
Taking the pics and eBaying tonight. Will be sad to say bye to my 6g lamp but excited to have a bigger selection of colours!

Hey jemjem I've pm'd you x

Hi everyone! Great thread! I actually jumped ship a few months ago. I decided I was going to try shellac and being the 'all or nothing' type of girl I am I bought the large shellac package.... The verdict.... I'm in love!! I have only done one Gelish manicure since, the soak off is great, LOVE the shine and my clients LOVE it! I found clients nails deteriorating when I used Gelish, however with shellac they are loving the no damage to the natural nail!! Absolutely no regrets! Only problem is now I need to sell my 6g lamp and all my colours! Scary.
Like mentioned all the collection releases through Gelish put me off, as soon as I saved and bought one collection a few weeks later they would have another one! With shellac I have the ENTIRE range and also find it much cheaper to purchase when a new collection is released albeit smaller bottles.

Hth

Jody

I have all the shellac colours and a small collection of Gelish . I do be actually delighted when someone chooses a Gelish colour ...so I can use it up and get rid of it...
Lynne' thread ''will it make the boat go faster'' is great. My version of her thread would be ''does it float your boat?'' and no, Gelish doesn't float mine. I just don't like it .

I'm doing the same gonna sell my 18g lamp and hopefully have enough money to start my new shellac collection. Although I was so chuffed when I brought this lamp seems silly to keep it when I can use my new cnd lamp for both Gelish and shellac .

I am so glad I'm not the only one!
I thought I was going to get shot on here for saying about the change but its just not feesable for me who does this part time to keep up with Gelish. Thank you for everyone's reassurance! I've nothing against Gelish or any of the colours I have ( heard loadsssss about fading/wrinkling/shrinking) just it's not for my business. Giving up my lamp is going to be hard though my little pride and joy ha x

I have all the shellac colours and a small collection of Gelish . I do be actually delighted when someone chooses a Gelish colour ...so I can use it up and get rid of it...
Lynne' thread ''will it make the boat go faster'' is great. My version of her thread would be ''does it float your boat?'' and no, Gelish doesn't float mine. I just don't like it .

This made me laugh! Haha do you not know any nail professionals that do Gelish that may want to buy it off you! That would make your boat go fast and it would still be floating :) it seems silly having product sat on your shells that you don't use. Might make the boat go fast by not throwing it away but it slows the boat down by taking it longer for you to dust ;) haha

I'm thinking the same at mo just ordered a collection of vinylux polishes did a test run on myself and loved it. Got the mini summer set the colours are beautiful , now thinking of maybe using the shellac polish along side and see how I get on trouble is just spent £300 on the 18g lamp

Talking about money, I so wish I could afford an 18g led lamp or even the 6, but I just cannot justify that amount of money as in my salon I am not doing nails all of the time, but it would certainly help :/

I am so glad I'm not the only one!
I thought I was going to get shot on here for saying about the change but its just not feesable for me who does this part time to keep up with Gelish. Thank you for everyone's reassurance! I've nothing against Gelish or any of the colours I have ( heard loadsssss about fading/wrinkling/shrinking) just it's not for my business. Giving up my lamp is going to be hard though my little pride and joy ha x

Before you dump that lamp. Consider OPI GelColor too. Removes as easily as Shellac, as strong as Gelish and LED curable. Its a fab product.

Latest posts

Back