Goodbye To Nails Mag And Ant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I had a long conversation (on paper) with Julie Day the other day (because you see, I know absolutely who the catalysts were for the inception of Nails Magazine) and she confirmed that the above 'claims' by one member of the site are all completely untrue. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh I would love to say so much more but will refrain. However I think we can take the word of the person who started the magazine as being the truth don't you??

I've just got off the phone to Escow (Pro Beauty told me to phone them re: my subscription enquiry) because I was wondering what was happening.

As I understand it, 'Nails' is staying and 'Pro Nails' is going to become a mag called 'Polish' which, from June will be sent out with 'Nails' mag each month.

My question to them was - "I subscribe to both magazines, and have to pay substantially more for the subscription because I have the mags sent out to Ireland. If 'Pro Nails' is now going to be sent out with 'Nails' then am I going to be refunded the outstanding amount for the unused part of my 'Pro Nails' subscription? (Only 4 months, but hey, it's 4 months I've PAID for!). I was asked - "But you'll still be getting both magazines so why do you want a refund?"

"Because I've paid for the two magazines, I'm paying the extra postage for two magazines and people who have only paid subscription to 'Nails' magazine will be getting both magazines when they combine".

The lady I spoke to at Escow kept asking me "Are you phoning because your 'Nails' mag is late this month, because it's being sent out next week?" "NO..... I'm phoning because I want to find out what's happening to my subscription money!!"

Does anyone else think I'm being unreasonable? I wasn't allowed to speak to 'Joy' who apparently is in charge of this, "because she's so busy right now" so I've asked if she can send me an email telling me if I'm going to be re-imbursed. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a reply.

If I don't get any help from them then it's the last time I subscribe to 'Nails/Pro Nails/Polish' magazines - I'll stick with 'Scratch' - I find the content in both mags very similar and my 'Scratch' mag has never been late arriving on the doormat.

Sorry for the outburst, but I've been patiently waiting for info on my subscriptions since hearing about the take-over and when I do phone to find out what's happening I am made to feel 'greedy' as if I'm asking for more than I am entitled to. :evil:

Is anyone else in the same position? Subscribe to both Nails & Pro Nails? Going to lose out on one of their subscriptions?

Very Angry Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com
Dublin

Hi Jackie,

I only renewed my subscription to Nails & ANT in beginning of April so I have 11 months of Nails - my subscription to Prof Nails runs until September so I am a bit like you - waiting to find out what is happening if and when the combine to produce only one mag. I was told that the first joint magazine would be in June so that is different to what you were told LOL - right hand not knowing etc.

Let's wait until the dust settles and see what happens when they all get their heads round it.

Hi Fiona,

They told me June too - I've calmed down a little now, just not happy about having to explain why I was asking about my 'Pro Nails' subscription. I'd be happy if they used the remainder of it to extend my 'Nails' subscription by 4 months - that seems fair to me. But like you say, I'm going to wait until I get a reply by email - I'll give it till next week to see if I do get a reply. But I won't just let it die - they've known for a long time this was going to happen and should have had some kind of plan for situations like this and to my mind, their subscribers (who keep them in business) should have been made aware of the changes and advised what measures would be taken to make sure nobody lost out. (Deep breath!) I was told to keep phoning back until Joy was able to talk to me, which is all well and good if phoning from the UK, but I'm phoning from Ireland and those call charges soon add up, which is an expense I shouldn't be expected to pay to find out what I'm getting (or not getting) for my money.

Jackie
Dublin

Hi guys

I am completely confused, I too subscribe to all three mags, prof nails, nails and scratch. My subscription is relatively new too. Don't have a notion of whats going on.

Hi Gina, sorry to hear you're in the same position as me. I've still not had a reply but I did say that I'll wait until next week to phone them again. Why don't you give them a ring and see if you can get any info from them? The number you need is:

Tel: 01371 810433

It's a place called 'Escow'. Apparently the lady who is dealing with this sort of thing is called 'Joy' - good luck trying to speak to her, I couldn't manage it.

Like I said, I'll be happy if they extend my 'Nails' subscription by 4 months to take into account the unused portion of my Pro Nails subscription, perhaps you should ask for the same. I can't see them handing back money all over the place to people who have subscribed to all the mags.

If you do phone them, let us know how you get on.

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Are you referring to NAILS UK? or in both UK and US?

This is just Nails UK (aka Nails Plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back