Goodbye To Nails Mag And Ant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolate

Reaction score
Its hard to find the right words to share this sad news with you all. :cry:

The last issue of Nails magazine as we know it will be dropping on your mats next month.

Nails mag and the ANT were brought out by Professional Nails mag last week. Hopefully the magazine and ANT will continue to run in the same way, with just a few name changes and contact details. Some may not even realise the change. A decision is yet to be announced.

Please do not bombard the office with calls about your subscription or memebership, its early days for everyone and its only with permission from Julie Day that i can share this sad news with you so soon. They have been loyal and trustworthy from the start, and will remain so until the end. NO ONE will be "done" and you will all be informed in due course.

I would like to take this opportuntiy, and im sure you geeks will agree, to thank all the staff, Kelly Mansfield, Katie Barnes and Joby Reed, and the family Julie, Terry, Alex and Andy, and to Diane at the ANT, my friend and soulmate, for their support, business and personal, over the last 8 years. And most of all, for their friendship. I wish you all the luck in wherever your paths take you.

The nail industry will be sad to see you go. :sad:

This is like the end of an Era - Nails Plus (as I still call it) was the original and I still think the best mag. I will be sad to see it go.

Good luck with the future to all involved.

Thanks for all your emails. Its nice to know that some of you were so attached to Nails like me. I will pass on the emails to Julie, Kelly and Diane, im sure they will appreciate them.

Nails will probably continue, and Pro nails will go back into Pro Beauty, but we will see. The ANT and SAC's should continue to run as normal, just give them time to sort things out. :rolleyes:

Hmm...

They've gone because of lack of circulation.

Which is because they basically were "owned" by the few adveertisers who frequented their pages and their "editorial" reflected this in way biased opinion.

But its original ideals were superb, they just lost the plot.

We've still got Scratch, Guild News and Pro Beauty which will reflect the opinions of the readers in a more "unbiased" way.

So long , the king is dead, long live the king,

....and well done to Scratch, lest anyone forget how they were treated....oh such short and biased memories.

ps. a tip to any magazine owners..... don't ailentate your supporters on the way up coz, they'll be waving on the way down! :)

would the real NAG please stand up
please stand up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hiya

i wish he'd just nag off, dont ya all agree!!!

See you at Beauty Scotland 2004 with the new stand then Googie!........

were you at British Beauty 2003 or 2004? I can't remember?

Mind you I appreciate a marketing budget only goes so far.

Did googie just delete a post...."the big yawn"

can you do that or does the "The Geek" have to do that?

Why dont you just sod off!

Oooooooo. Little Angel !!

We all second that !!!

oh no i loved this mag it was brill - ill miss it
chocolate said:
Its hard to find the right words to share this sad news with you all. :cry:

The last issue of Nails magazine as we know it will be dropping on your mats next month.

Nails mag and the ANT were brought out by Professional Nails mag last week. Hopefully the magazine and ANT will continue to run in the same way, with just a few name changes and contact details. Some may not even realise the change. A decision is yet to be announced.

Please do not bombard the office with calls about your subscription or memebership, its early days for everyone and its only with permission from Julie Day that i can share this sad news with you so soon. They have been loyal and trustworthy from the start, and will remain so until the end. NO ONE will be "done" and you will all be informed in due course.

I would like to take this opportuntiy, and im sure you geeks will agree, to thank all the staff, Kelly Mansfield, Katie Barnes and Joby Reed, and the family Julie, Terry, Alex and Andy, and to Diane at the ANT, my friend and soulmate, for their support, business and personal, over the last 8 years. And most of all, for their friendship. I wish you all the luck in wherever your paths take you.

The nail industry will be sad to see you go. :sad:

Just heard that Amy Ellingham, Editor of Salon Ireland Magazine is leaving due to the changes also, so I'd just like to say 'Goodbye Amy' and wish her the best of luck for the future.

I'm going to miss Nails magazine - hope they improve Professional Nails mag because I wasn't planning on renewing my subscription when that expires later in the year, much preferred Nails *sulk*.

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com
Dublin

Gutted - i loved that mag - and what crapabout being biased if you dont send editorial dont expect it to be in a magazine...did you company support the mag nag???

Just like to add my feelings of sadness of this buyout........like Fiona said, Nails Plus was my very first introduction to the nail scene, and to be honest it was my favourite. Pro Nails was going to be dropped and Nails and Scratch were going to kept............hmmm!

When Scratch came along, suddenly Nails had pressure with decent competition, however, instead of panicing and trying to follow Scratch's format, I felt they stuck to own. This didn't mean they became stagnent, as they have made changes, but they have definitely kept the publication travelling along it's own track, unlike Pro Nails that just seemed like a rip off of Scratch!!

Well I just hope the powers that be allow Nails to continue the way it is and not try to change it.

Hopefully Kelly Mansfield and Julie Day (and all their staff) will decide to stay and continue to provide us with a top class publication.

Good luck girls........and let's pray for Nails

Lots of love
Adele

Hi There ,

Would just like to add that Nails Mag has always been VERY supportive of Light Elegance . We only placed a paid add with them once but nevertheless they always included articles about us and included us in the editorials if it was relevant. Very ,very sad to see it go

Karen
Light Elegance UK

... I dont want to sound cold hearted as I am v sad about potentially not seeing Nails again :cry: , but I really must have a mag so any guesses on what will happen to the other 5 issues that I have paid for?

I can only assume the new owner has bought the responsility of subs? :rolleyes:

Or should I just subscribe to scratch now, anybody knowledgable in this kind of situations...

Dont worry, there are hundreds of others asking the same questions! Insurance, subscriptions, ant etc. The Pro Beauty team are very professional and will look after you all. They are considering putting Pro nails back into pro beauty and keeping Nails as it is now. So your mags will continue to arrive as normal. Its all up to them now.

If you have any questions call Nails/ant 01353 665577 by Wednesday next week, as i think its their last day.

Or call pro beauty on 0207 471 1613 for more info.

I have shead many a tear over this but its time to accept whats happened and look to the future. I wish all at Pro Beauty/nails all the luck in their new venture, and i will be forever grateful to the Nails team for their support and some very good memories.

Fab Freak said:
Gutted - i loved that mag - and what crapabout being biased if you dont send editorial dont expect it to be in a magazine...did you company support the mag nag???
Well it only goes to show how liitle we all know!

Whose idea do you think "Nails Plus" was, who do you think the catalyst was!
Who do you think was the "link" that made it all happen and brought all those people YOU know and love into the scene in a big way.

NAG did!

Problem was it never stayed true to its ideals and they were "bought" by their advertisers and then they got incestuous. Make sure you know all the facts before you go off on one!

OH MY GOD!

I am completely devestated about nails mag, as soon as my copy comes through the door each month I immediately scan every single word on the page. My copy is read at least every day of the month until my new one comes in it's place.

Thanks to the team who made it such a good number one mag.

I am taking a minute to remember the way it was, tis a sad sad time in history as my beloved nails mag has taught me so very much.

It will be sadly missed!

The last issue as we know it is due to drop on your mats today.

To those who "think" they know it all, (not mentioing any names, except nag of course) YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT, SO DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND SHUT UP.
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back