google ads? what are your view? is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmeliaR

Reaction score
Evening All!

just wanted to know if you've done a google ad? did u much response? or a waist of money?

i got sent a £75 voucher for free advertising and wanted to know if i should even bother or if i would get any response from it as I'm not a high street salon

Thanks for viewing and any replies :) x

when i used adwords it was great, always at the top of google and alot of my clients said that when they searched for a service there I was.
I must admit it can get a bit expensive hence the reason I have now paused my ads because I seem to be getting sufficient amount of the business at the moment anyway.

Is it an adwords voucher you got? if so I think you only have to pay £5 to set up the account then the rest will come off your credit voucher. You can change the amount you want to spend per day. I don't really understand all the different cost per clicks etc...
What you could do is once you use up the £75 which should last you a little while if you don't want to spend anymore on the ads if for example it didnt work for you then you can just pause the campaign and you wont have to pay any more.

I hope that has answered a couple of questions for you.

thanks you for your help :)

how much on adverage did u end up paying? hmm ino ive got a voucher but i no if its just a waist of time x

thanks you for your help :)

how much on adverage did u end up paying? hmm ino ive got a voucher but i no if its just a waist of time x

I have been using adwords for about 5 years and it can be great if you use it wisely - i.e go for high value services where there is less competition.

So I would never bid on the words "hair cut" or "nails" but I would bid for brazillian blow dry, colour correction or hair extensions.

When you have your website working really well you don't need adwords as you would be number 1 or 2 in the search results - but as a quick fix to boost rankings it is great.

I have some examples on my blog with figures e.g. we ran a Brazilian blow dry campaign for 4 weeks that brought 275 people to the website page at a cost of 84p each.

I suggest a small budget, a few valuable keywords and a short test-run.

They're really useful if you've got a new site or a site thats struggling on "organic" or "normal" searches. I would urge people to try this first before they think about going to a SEO company who would probably do the same thing you would anyway- except charge you ten times more.

Think laterally though, don't just go for all obvious ones. Think what a client may want to type in to find you- i.e. a type of business and a location.

There's loads of good tutorials on the web about choosing good keywords, just spend half an hour and read a few.

With regards to a cost, you can cap it. So as soon as you get to say, £15-£20 a month it'll just hibernate until next month.

Latest posts

Back