Google Maps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
Is there anyway of ranking higher or bolder on Google Maps?

I come up number 3 in my local area so I show on the list but I don't show on the actual map if that makes sense. You can only see my name if you zoom in on the map really closely.
There are other businesses not on the top 3 but have a really big pin (not sure what the correct term is. Hope this makes sense). :)

Thanks you in advance for any tips

I think you have to register with Google to be on the mao

I agree with Grace_Hair that you'd have to be registered with Google. But to be ranked better (for searches not sure if it works the same with maps) but is to get lots of engagement - think people commenting and sharing or Facebook posts, lots of visiting to your website. That stuff will help with Facebook as well as help your business tank higher on Google.

Thank you for your replies.
I've registered with Google and authorised my business with the pin code etc. But when it's mapped, my 'pin' is tiny whilst some businesses are bold and with a big pin. I can't see or understand why. X

Thank you for your replies.
I've registered with Google and authorised my business with the pin code etc. But when it's mapped, my 'pin' is tiny whilst some businesses are bold and with a big pin. I can't see or understand why. X
You might find that Google recently released Google AdWords Map Listings. This could be those.

Oh jeeze I don't understand the regular ad words let alone google map ad words. Lol!
Wonder if this could be it then. It's not clear of any difference. There's no orange 'as' box next to them. They're not big companies. They are just like me. But there pin is bigger. I WANT A BIG PIN!!!! Lol! X

Contact Google, give them your debit card number and I'm sure you'll get to number 1 for the right price

Latest posts

Back