Got my First Client from NSS ~ need some help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2512

Reaction score
Morning Everyone

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice please - Ive got my first client (outside of friends & family) booked for tonight, I have just spoken to her and she said she is badly in need of infills.

She has been going to the local Chinese Nail Bar in town, so obviously i am expecting hard to budge Acrylic or possible MMA

can anyone give me any tips or advice on what to expect as i have never rebalanced NSS nails before? should i take some 100grit files or should i be prepared for the possibilty of soaking off? (client seemed keen on this as she wants permanent white tips eventually not airbrushed on ones)

She seems really keen to get away from this salon - so i dont want to disapoint her but not being thorough in my work - id just really appreciate some advice so i can be "clued up" on what to expect when i see her....

I had one last week and I found that the so called "pink" is usually quite grey to clear in colour and I just soaked off. I find it's best to start a fresh, as yo don't know how the prep was done previously!!
You may find that it soaks off like very strange sticky glue and can be quite messy!! Just have plenty of tissues ready!! I found using the usual grit files worked fine though!!
HTH

if they are all sound with no signs of lifting or anything else that looks bad then i would just file them down...prep and infill.

I have in-filled lots of MMA nails and they have been fine...to be honest if there is any damage to the natural nail under there its best to stay under there and grow out....you could end up soaking it all off, re-doing and getting problems cos her nails are so bad...if its well adhered...leave it on.

HTH xx

I agree. If all looks ok then rebalance as normal. File it down as much as possible so most of the NSS acrylic is off. So you can do lovely natural looking set. You could end up sitting there for hours soaking off and opening a can of worms.

Obviously you wont really be able to decide anything until you see the client and her nails.

It wont take long for the NSS acrylic to grow out, and hopefully you will have a happy new client.

She has been going to the local Chinese Nail Bar in town, so obviously i am expecting hard to budge Acrylic or possible MMA

How do you know they were chinese....????

why not just called them NSS instead of specifying a particular race...?

FLOWER, sorry - i wasnt trying to be offensive -and i wasnt catagorising NSS with "chinese" nail bars - i was just trying to give you all the facts so i could get the most relevent help.

The comment was based on FACT not my ignorance as I know the Nail Bar in town where she had them done, i specifically asked about her nail history and where she normally has her nails done, so i could be prepared for when i see her later as she is a new client and i wanted to be in possession of as much info as i can be, before i see her, and as the fact that it is a NSS. i was asking for help incase i am presented with nails that have possibly had MMA on them - and if anyone has any advice? Thats all i was simply asking.
I also thought the term NSS wasnt exclusive to just these kind of bars so that is why I eleborated
like is said i apologise if i offended you or anyone else.

my advice is the same as angie's and denises.
thin down the product, very rarely do you find any signs of lifting on mma, if thats what you are presented with. mma takes hours to remove and usually you are left with thin and damged nail plates.
so rebalance over the old product and eventually after more rebalance appointments your clients mma or what ever product she has under neath will grow out, as will the nail plate damage

Thank you everyone for all your help and replies, I feel a bit more confident now about doing this. I was worried because I have not had much experience of rebalances etc, I really wanted to be prepared for what i could expect worst case scenario.

i agree. just file them down and rebalance. if there is damage, leave it covered, you don't want to do any more damage.
actually, i find filling these NSS nails are the simplest thing in the world to do. there's no lifting, usually, to worry about. all you have to do is "fill in the blanks" and she will think you're amazing, which you are!
good luck!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

FLOWER, sorry - i wasnt trying to be offensive -and i wasnt catagorising NSS with "chinese" nail bars - i was just trying to give you all the facts so i could get the most relevent help.

The comment was based on FACT not my ignorance as I know the Nail Bar in town where she had them done, i specifically asked about her nail history and where she normally has her nails done, so i could be prepared for when i see her later as she is a new client and i wanted to be in possession of as much info as i can be, before i see her, and as the fact that it is a NSS. i was asking for help incase i am presented with nails that have possibly had MMA on them - and if anyone has any advice? Thats all i was simply asking.
I also thought the term NSS wasnt exclusive to just these kind of bars so that is why I eleborated
like is said i apologise if i offended you or anyone else.

Thank you for explaining vicky and your point is taken.. i am sure you did not mean to offend anyone including myself....

I am not as upset as i sound.. just recently ive noticed the words 'chinese nail bar' have been creeping up again alot and i was trying make other geeks aware that nss does not always neccessarily mean 'chinese nail bars'..

The word 'nss' is already self explainatory so therefore there is no need to mention any race of culture at all...

Back to your orginal question.. i have too come aross nss nails on new clients.. and instead of trying to take them off... i tend to just in fill over them until it completely grows out.. that is.. providing there is nothing wrong with the original work...

Hope this helps.. :hug:

Latest posts

Back