Got my nails done today oh dear!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
Well i decided to go to a salon and get my nails rebalanced today, to say i was not impressed is an under statement, i wasnt asked to fill in consult card, she never sterilised her hands or equipment, she kept blowing the dust off my fingers and at one point just got up and went to the loo.

I had P&W acrylic and you could see my natural nail under neath where the white was, any how she starts off doing the pink so i think oh shes doing the reverse method, cool i will watch this closely get some tips, any how i say this to her and she says no i am not doing your white today only on the 2 that that needed replacing. she said those 2 will look different to the others until you come in next time and i will soak all of them off and start with a new set (i am thinking god how much is that gonna cost me) and she said you have to come in an hour b4 your appt to have them soaked off!! yes because i have got all day! NOT

so i have come out with 8 that i can still see the natural nail under neath and 2 not.

Now i dont know about you geeks but i would have done all the whites so they all match not just do 2 of them.

So i am wondering who else does the method that she used and who does all 10 the same???:rolleyes:

I would have had disinfected implements to work on you for one ........and have used a sanitizer on you .....as I'm a clean worker.......no blowing, ....and I would have excused myself if I needed the restroom.....:rolleyes:

as for the nails not matching never !!!! I would have made all ten the same......you would have left my station with ten matching fingers and had been happy with the work I'd done .:hug:

Did view these concerns with the technician? Maybe have a talk with her. Just a thought but maybe it could it of been possible she sterilised the tools before you came in?

I would have had disinfected implements to work on you for one ........and have used a sanitizer on you .....as I'm a clean worker.......no blowing, ....and I would have excused myself if I needed the restroom.....:rolleyes:

as for the nails not matching never !!!! I would have made all ten the same......you would have left my station with ten matching fingers and had been happy with the work I'd done .:hug:
here here!.... someone else told me that when they had there nails done they did not sanitize either.....but coming out of a salon with only 8 matching fingers is beyond words .

Well as the saying goes hun
If you want a job doing right do it yourself

did you not mention anything to her??
why did you leave unhappy? if it bothers you that much you should have demanded a proper job and refused payment
did you tell her that you were a nail tech?
just seems too cloak and dagger stuff going on
when i have minre done ( cant do my right had) i tell them that i am a beautician and am up front with them

she probably just assumes that you will accept whatever you say as SHE IS THE PROFESSIONAL, and 9/10 gets away with it!

Makes you appreciate how professional you really are, and at the end of the day, weren't you just a tad pleased that your experience was so bad?

It amazes me how a professional tech will go to one of these places and sit there and allow them to do it all wrong, do it all un-sanitary and STILL PAY for the service.

if its wrong, if you can see you may be in danger (un sanitary equipment) if you dont like whats going on (or on with) your nails.... get up and walk.

I hate doing my own nails, if I ever go to a salon to have them done I am up front and tell them I am a tech too lazy to do her own......

I would have done all 10 to look the same, but I wouldn't have gone to get my nails done at a salon looking for tips and hints without asking first...sorry if that sounds harsh. x

did you book in for infills?
or a forever french rebalance?
sounds like the tech cant do rebalancing using whites, or why does she suggest a soak off for the white???

maybe she hadn't allocated time for a white fill (she may have thought rebalance was a standard infill). Some techs don't know what a rebalance is unless they have had some association with CND.
Even though I am aware of what a rebalance is, I call them "white fills" so I can allocate the correct amount of time. So she may have done the best in the time she allowed.

She should have sanitised though and been more sanitary in her procedure.

Also, the fact she wanted to soak them off is often re enforced in here (many techs prefer to soak off old acrylic and start fresh), at least she wanted to soak them off, rather than prise them off. She may have wanted to give you a nice fresh set using her acrylic.

Even you asked this question yourself http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/59880-rebalance-infills.html

When I book in a soak off, I overlap my appointments and allow plenty of time (as the soak off time can vary).

It amazes me how a professional tech will go to one of these places and sit there and allow them to do it all wrong, do it all un-sanitary and STILL PAY for the service.

if its wrong, if you can see you may be in danger (un sanitary equipment) if you dont like whats going on (or on with) your nails.... get up and walk.

Hear, Hear!

You know what it was one of those weird situations where my mouth suddenly wouldnt work think i was so surprised that i was sort of paralysed in my chair lol

Normally if something bothers me i will say straight away i dont mind complaining but its sort of different when you are sitting in a really quiet room one to one with your nails in acetone :)

Still one thing iwont be going there again as she knew what i wanted becasue it was her that i spoke to on the phone.

tbh the whole experience was weird

Latest posts

Back