Got my Operation Date - eek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that a couple of months ago I was freaking out as I had to go for a gastroscopy to try and find out why I was having such agonising stomach pains... and it turned out that I had gallstones.

Well, I have received my operation date today and I go into hospital on 6th august this year for my gall bladder to be removed. Hopefully will be in and out within a day as they do this op now by keyhole surgery. Still won't stop me having another freak out though.

Does anybody have a friend/relative that has had this op and if so, how long did they need to take off work after their op. I have been told about 3-4 weeks which seems like an awfully long time to me.

:)

I know a few people. Keyhole surgery is strange as although what they do on the inside is much better for you, you need to remember that they've done loads of stuff inside and that you need to take it easy. You'll feel so much better once it's done though. Good look honey. xxx

Dont know any one that has had it but heres some hugs for you :hug::hug::hug:

I know someone thats waiting for keyhole but shes on the waiting list,

Hope it all goes ok Julie

Take care

Some of you may remember that a couple of months ago I was freaking out as I had to go for a gastroscopy to try and find out why I was having such agonising stomach pains... and it turned out that I had gallstones.

Well, I have received my operation date today and I go into hospital on 6th august this year for my gall bladder to be removed. Hopefully will be in and out within a day as they do this op now by keyhole surgery. Still won't stop me having another freak out though.

Does anybody have a friend/relative that has had this op and if so, how long did they need to take off work after their op. I have been told about 3-4 weeks which seems like an awfully long time to me.

:)

My dad has had this done, I will ask him tomorrow and get back to you tomorrow hun.

What I do remember is him having agonizing stomach pains before the op. I hope that your op fixes everything for you because I do know my dad has had no problems since :hug:

My sister had it done, she was down for about 3 days in bed, then up and walking around taking it easy for about a week. It all depends on what activity you are doing. She sat behind a desk at work so she was able to go back to work sooner than some.

I will tell you this. She felt 500% better after the surgery. Even right after the surgery when she was recovering.

Best of luck hun. :hugs:

I wish I had some practical advice for you, but I don't know anyone who's had this op.

Just wanted to send you some :hug::hug: and to wish you well.

Hey

My dad had this operation privetly(sp?) last year after his gall stones cause him to get pancriecitus (cant spell sorry!)

He was in hospital for about a week but felt a million times better afterwards. He is retired but I remember we managed a walk into town (bout 20mins) after the 2nd week.

He had keyhole, but as someone already mentioned although the hole is small wot they do inside is still huge.

It is quite a routine operation so i wouldn't be too worried, obviously easier said on this side of the screen!!!

Good luck, my dad said he couldnt believe how much pain he had been in before the op!!! He had forgotten wot not being in pain was.

Becki xxx

My mam had this op when she was 66.
She went in to have keyhole but her gallbladder was diseased and ripped apart so they had to cut her.

In the afternoon when we went in to see her she didn't look good but it was the morphine she was getting for the pain. We left her to rest till the next day and to our suprise she was as bright as a button.

She did have to rest a bit longer than you would for the keyhole but it has made so much difference.
A year later she started getting the pains again, we were totally confused, same kind of pains as before. After the hospital did some investigating they found a 2 gallstones that must have escaped when her gallbladder ripped, she went back in for a simple little op to remove the 2 stones and she has never looked back.

She is now 70 and back to her normal self again.

Good Luck with your op, you won't regret it.

I had my gall bladder removed about five years ago :eek: and yes they do give you them in a jar to take home :wink2:

After the op you have a real dragging aching pain pretty much all the time, so make sure you have plenty of pain relief - over the course of the next few days the pain does subside and you can do some normal activities - hence why some people can go back to office work after a week or so! HOWEVER, if someone has a manual job - eg lifting, then they will probably need 3 or 4 weeks sick leave.

George my youngest was only about 6mths old when I had my op and I couldn't pick him up! you feel washed out and tire easily for the first week or so but this your body ensuring that you take enough rest.

As rule of thumb - if you feel too much pain when carrying out an activity - stop (obviously) and try in a day or so.

Best of luck - and you will be grossed out at the size and colour of the stones :lol:

I have had it done and was back to normal ( normal for me that is) the next day, my aunt could not get over how quick I recovered she had hers remover 4 months before but not the key hole type surgery and still had problems with wearing pants me I was back wearing my pants in 3 days

I used to work in theatre and saw loads of gallstone ops. They just make a few small cuts to get the tools in.
If you want to help yourself make sure you are the correct weight. This will really help with you recovery time as anaesthetic gases absorb into fat.
Try not to worry too much this is a popular operation (they get loads of practice).

i shall be thinking of you on 6 aug and wishing you a speedy recovery xx xx

I don't know anything about this op but I wish you well, all surgery is scary but think how much better you will feel after:hug:

I had mine taken out last year.......it was no problems at all. Recovered in a couple of days and back at work. 4 Tiny scratch scars is all I have, fantastic compared to the agony I was in.

Sam

Spoke to my dad about his op and his was not the keyhole, they opened him up so the recovery time was longer for him hun. He did say how much better he felt though straight after the op.

Good luck with it :hug:

Hi, i had this opp 6 years ago after suffering with agonising pain and collapsing,. Mine went abit dodgy as mine always do so it wont happen to you,i think i should have been down for opp about 60 mins or something like that but i was down nearly 4 hrs. Still this day i dont know what went wrong they would only say they had complications!. I didnt get them in a jar i think to be honest mine must have burst when the did it as on the scan mine was all twisted so thats probly why i sufferd a little more.I was in 4 days and was in agony and i can take pain but it did hurt.But like i said its because i had complications, my neighbor had his done at 80yrs of age bless him last year `and he was fine.Please dont wory becuase when itsover and you are up on your feet you will think thankgod thats all done.

I will be thinking of you and you will be fine xxx

Take care xxx

It's 3.00am and I am up again after having 4 hours of pain and vomitting. I am still nervous about my surgery but it can't come quick enough for me now.

For the most part my pains are controlled with medication but sometimes it just doesn't seem to work and there is no pattern when it doesn't work either.

Will try and get to bed now and sleep.

I am so gutted that this had to happen tonight as I was due to drive down to London very early tomorrow for Andy's geeky waxing workshop and everything has gone pear shaped and I won't be able to go as I am completely wiped out when I have these attacks.

Poor you - hope you feel better soon:hug:

My friend is on the waiting list for this too. . . .

I shall be thinking of you on the 6th . . . good luck hun :hug:

Latest posts

Back