Gradual tans!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah147

Reaction score
I thought i would start this thread as there are so many gradual tans on the market now.

i bought the piz buin gradual tan on monday and have been putting it on everyday and its FAB i look really brown can't beleve how good it is. they have one for your body and a small tube for your face think the one for your face is a bit stronger as it fades quicker. also smells lovely.

i have used the johnsons one and found that it streaks and goes bitty (if you know what i mean) when you put it on. don't like the smell either smells like old fake tan

what are your thoughts on them.

i recommend the piz buin one if you are going to get one.

I have been using the johnsons one on and off for about a year. If you don't use it all the time it goes nice.
I will try yours though now!

I have used Johnsons tan but at the moment have gone back to Soltan spray tan (Medium) Its fab!! Got it from Boots!! Liked the medium Johnsons but yeh iF not applied well it can streak also can look slightly orange compared to others. So I have been told when I had it removed before having a St. tropez tan? Think its ok for using now & again though.:) Love Soltan though I look so healthy when I have it on, as normally I'm like casper's sister lol!

i've tried loads but luv the piz buin 1:)

I Have Been Using The Dove One Which Is Also Gradual, But I Only Have To Put It On Once And It Gives A Nice Colour....untill The Next Day.. Its So Patchy. Going To Try Piz Buin One Now!!!

Has anyone tried doing their own?
About 3 years ago I used to mix a little (I mean about 10% tanning lotion to 90% moisturiser) of st.tropez self tanning lotion with my moisturiser and apply every other day, used to look nice.
I was just thinking the other day if this would work with spray tanning lotion mixed with moisturiser, might use my bf as a guinea pig to try it.

i have been using nivea face one and the body one, not too bad but will try the piz buin one i think

i have used pizz buin before and i didnt like it i thought it was greasy xxx

the gradual tan isn't greasy some of their other tans are. my work collegue told me to use it, so cause i was very impressed thought i would share it with my nail geek buddies!
i also do st tropez on my self once every two weeks love that too.

i should ask piz buin for a share in the company now!! LOL

when do you think is the best time to put these on?? like today has been soo hot n sweaty i was thinking might not sink in and develop properly so would you put them on before going to bed??:confused:

all you need to remember is to forget that it has fake tan in it, just use it like your everyday moisturiser. thats what i do put on either first thing or on a night before bed, just let it dry for about 10-15 mins and you'll be fine, this all that i do when i put it on, and i love it not a streak in sight.x

thanx its just the other day sat down and ended up with triangles behind my knees:eek:

ali.t said:
i've tried loads but luv the piz buin 1:)

Roughly how much is this please?

its £7.99 for the body one and the same for the face one. well worth the money!!

I don't use them personally but I've been staying with a chap in London and was filching through his toiletries bag (I'd forgotten my razor and was looking for one....don't tell him!:o) and found he had a good stock of Johnson's Holiday Skin face moisturiser.... When I slyly questioned him later about his healthy glow he claimed it was all natural :rolleyes: :green:

AmydeMan said:
I don't use them personally but I've been staying with a chap in London and was filching through his toiletries bag (I'd forgotten my razor and was looking for one....don't tell him!:o) and found he had a good stock of Johnson's Holiday Skin face moisturiser.... When I slyly questioned him later about his healthy glow he claimed it was all natural :rolleyes: :green:
pmsl men ey! i think i may give this another try and see how i get on with it this time i mean it would be rude not too lol xxxxxxx:green:

NailsFrmHeaven said:
pmsl men ey! i think i may give this another try and see how i get on with it this time i mean it would be rude not too lol xxxxxxx:green:

Why? Have you not had good results in the past? I find it hard to use any type of fake tan, as some areas of my skin just cling onto the colour and I get a lovely patchy effect...yum!
Luckily I tan very well though, so after all this fab weather I'm lovely and brown:green:

AmydeMan said:
Why? Have you not had good results in the past? I find it hard to use any type of fake tan, as some areas of my skin just cling onto the colour and I get a lovely patchy effect...yum!
Luckily I tan very well though, so after all this fab weather I'm lovely and brown:green:
i used it some time ago and i thought it was really greasy i had to wash it off it was like i had been sat in a chip pan lol xx

Latest posts

Back