Graduated bob dilemma!! Pic attached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danni1984

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm on my own in my salon so have to go elsewhere for my hair done and I'm finding it so hard to find someone that can cut a graduated bob it seems as tho when it comes to a graduated bob alot of hairdressers just havnt got a clue, i always end up with a chunk missing out of one side, I managed to get the chunk that was missing back on level with the rest of my hair and my hair was so out of shape so went and got it cut, I explained to the stylist that this always happens and she said oh don't worry I won't do that!! Not only has she cut the chunk out at the front of my hair the back is all wonky, I've attached a picture of the front just to show you geeks, does anyone else have this problem? Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334999813.941212.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334999813.941212.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2,947
By the way this is an improvement it was more like a square missing I've chipped into it to soften it. Xxx

Oh dear!
Is it where she's layered your hair at the front and hasn't over directed back, as I'm assuming it's quite fine at the front, therefore causing you to lose a chunk?!
X x

I will admit this cut took me a while to master, my daughter had a few iffy ones before I cracked it, I actually got it after watching a junior at my last salon. It does seem to be a cut you either live or hate.

oh honey iv had this done to me aswell :( i would agree with sarah, its as if its been layered pulled straight up and not over directed. or they have moved their guide line slightly away from the middle at the back everytime they have cut. could you bulk the from out with a few extensions or a little clip in untill it grows back down? i would agree its something you love or hate, personally i love cutting this, but maybe because after i qualified this is what everyone and their granny was asking me for in various guises so lots of practise!!! xxx

im not a hairdresser but have had the same prob so feel for you, a few years i wanted the victoria bob, i went and the hairdresser shaved my hair up the back with clippers!!!i went to several other hairdressers when it grew and nobody gave me what i wanted!!

ive now grown it long but want a nice bob but too scared after what happened before!!

No matter what hair dresser I have they never ever cut it properly. The last one cut one side into a step haha it's awful.

I am now growing my hair as I'm sick of not finding anyone to do my bob properly :(

I've had it done to me right at the front before but was a while ago they usually do it further back and I was made up I'd got it to the right length for once, she kept trying to hide it when she cut it off and ive never complained before anywhere it's just not me but I actually turned round and said- can you do something with that chunk you've cut out the front and she said its meant to be like that, and I just said well if it's meant to be like that whys it not the same on the other side so she grabbed her scissors and dragged them down the front of the other side I was mortified, then when I washed it the other day I looked at the back with my back mirror and it's all wonky wish I could take a picture of the back to show you the back 😔 2 years I've been trying to find someone that doesn't cut chunks out and everytime I go somewhere I just dread it, I'm not fussy with my hair and don't care how they cut it aslong as the just don't cut chunks out I'd be very happy, I love cutting graduated bobs, just wish I could take my head off my shoulders and cut it myself xxx

It looks like its too layered at the front so you've lost all the weight. Try and grow it and ask someone with a bob where they go. I've had people come in the salon that have asked my customers in the street where they have had their hair done!x

I can't grow my hair It just doesn't suit me 😒 xxx

No I mean just grow the front a little bit so the next time you have it cut the hairdresser has a bit more to work with!xx

No I mean just grow the front a little bit so the next time you have it cut the hairdresser has a bit more to work with!xx

Oh sorry😃 there was hair there before plenty of it,it was actually longer on one side than the other the side she cut off was longer, I've spent the last 2 years keep growing it and ending up with a chunk cut out its driving me mad.

Ugh i dont understand how people can do this and call themselves stylists, grad bob is one of the first things you learn surely? Im also a bit worried who im going to go to when my hair gets long enough that I cant cut it myself anymore :/

Ugh i dont understand how people can do this and call themselves stylists, grad bob is one of the first things you learn surely? Im also a bit worried who im going to go to when my hair gets long enough that I cant cut it myself anymore :/

I know ya should see how wonky the back is, I don't know how they manage it either the front part which is the length is one of the important parts of the cut. Don't know how these people get jobs. Xxx

I agree, I don't know what they are teaching in college any more! If I was nearer I'd offer to help. Why don't you have a shout out on here and see if anyone can help xx

Awww thank you if only, I didn't realise how hard people found it to cut a graduated Bob 😁. I'd change my cut but I don't suit it long at all and I don't think I could go shorter my ears are too big. Ha ha. Xxx

It's awful that people can't get there hair cut how they want. A bob (any style) is a classic haircut that should be mastered. It's never going to go out of fashion as there are so many variations. Might not be the easiest haircut But it's shocking that so many hairdressers get it wrong.

Or the original poster-mate next time ask or a cut consultation in a couple of different places, see of you can spot any good cuts on the staff in the salon and enquire as to who did them :) x

im pretty sure graduated bob wasnt in the course content when i qualified 2 years ago?? i was lucky i had someone come into college who wanted it so went through step by step with my lecturer but even now this is the haircut that stops me setting up mobile as it scares the pants off me lol!!
i do have a few people who have had it but i just panic over how graduated it should be (or they want) and it makes me feel sick every time someone asks for it, although the front has never been an issue really its the back lol

im shocked by some of your responses about how they haircut has been bodged and covered up or they dont care :suprised: maybe im too hard on myself about worrying they will like what ive done as it is knocking my confidence hugely

Hi next time you want your hair cutting book in with us we are in Ormskirk and have 3 stylists who can ALL do graduated bobs :) we are open 6 days a week so hopefully you'll be able to find time

We are now called The Penthouse
The Penthouse Home Page

hths

Latest posts

Back