Graham HandsDown soak off gel wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I saw these on a link to a nail mag on here last night. I don't get on with the CND ones or foils on myself and was wondering if anyone has tried these? The advert was a video and showed them looking really quite easy to apply, even though it was on a client.
But, I think that the material being extra stretchy will help to get a tight seal on my own fingers. It's the folding over bit on the others that I just can't do without getting into a bit of a tizz!

I'll see if I can add a link...

NAILS Magazine

Haven't seen before but they look fab. Looks like the same kind of material as tech tape?

I saw these on a link to a nail mag on here last night. I don't get on with the CND ones or foils on myself and was wondering if anyone has tried these? The advert was a video and showed them looking really quite easy to apply, even though it was on a client.
But, I think that the material being extra stretchy will help to get a tight seal on my own fingers. It's the folding over bit on the others that I just can't do without getting into a bit of a tizz!

I'll see if I can add a link...

NAILS Magazine

I've been using these about a month now on my own nails and they are fantastic. I am such a klutz and cannot use the CND wraps, especially on my own nails. The Graham wraps are very easy to use and allow you to still use your hands while you soak. The fabric is like a self adhesive bandage. You do have to be careful to tighten the wrap so that the pad is pressed tightly against the tip of longer nails.

I've been using these about a month now on my own nails and they are fantastic. I am such a klutz and cannot use the CND wraps, especially on my own nails. The Graham wraps are very easy to use and allow you to still use your hands while you soak. The fabric is like a self adhesive bandage. You do have to be careful to tighten the wrap so that the pad is pressed tightly against the tip of longer nails.

Thanks for posting your reply. I'll be on the lookout for these new wraps! :)

These are great and so easy to use.:biggrin:

The only problem is obtaining them at a reasonable price from a UK supplier.
They are available from Amazon but very expensive. However, they can be purchased via ebay from the US at a fraction of the cost. Iam not sure if we will be clobered for import tax but I have taken the plunge!

I will PM you the link.

Amazon have them :wink2:

These are great and so easy to use.:biggrin:

The only problem is obtaining them at a reasonable price from a UK supplier.
They are available from Amazon but very expensive. However, they can be purchased via ebay from the US at a fraction of the cost. Iam not sure if we will be clobered for import tax but I have taken the plunge!

I will PM you the link.

Sorry, didn't see your reply before I posted mine. I actually thought it wasn't bad for 100??

Sorry, didn't see your reply before I posted mine. I actually thought it wasn't bad for 100??

The ones I have ordered are half the price as those from Amazon!

I have sent you a PM

Carol

Thanks for the PM MrsP, the link however, says it's been removed :|

I did find some on ebay when I googled to see if they were available to the UK. I'll get my finger out and get some as it looks like they could be the ones for me!

Thanks for the PM MrsP, the link however, says it's been removed :|

I did find some on ebay when I googled to see if they were available to the UK. I'll get my finger out and get some as it looks like they could be the ones for me!

Sorry. I have sent a PM with the new link

Funny... I've been using self-adhesive bandages from the pharmacy for first-aid and cotton as my way of removing Shellac. It's more comfortable than foil and conforms to the finger; giving a better fit. Here I thought I had an original idea... been doing this for a few months now.

Hmm, now that's interesting too! I may just have to pop into my local Lloyds or Boots tomorrow. Thankyou. :biggrin:

We use them too, they are a lot less fiddly than the CND ones imo.

They are the same price over here as CND for 100 pack.

Oh and as a Shellac authorised salon you are allowed to use them it doesn't have to be the CND ones!!

These do look really good, I'm waiting on the new design of the magis wraps but I may try these as well :)

The material in this looks like the stuff they wrap around horses legs. U can get it from most chemists. Don't if it would be worth attempting to make ur owe. I use it instead of plasters when I cut my self and it stays on in water.

Yeah tech wrap can also be bought cheaply at vet or horse suppliers (not that it's that expensive anyway) but as laura-kate said it's used on horses as fetlock tape. :)

I don't fully understand all this. Do any of you really need to leave your clients for any length of time to soak i.e. enough time for them to read a magazine?

I work on and wrap one finger at a time. The gel I use needs the seal broken first. By the time I have wrapped the last nail, the first one is ready to be removed and prepped.

I know that you don't need to remove the seal on Shellac, but are the clients really sat for an amount of time that causes you to worry?

Looking at the price of these on Ebay from the US, they add £1+ to each treatment. Bought from Amazon, they add £3+ to each treatment. Other branded wraps add similar amounts. That is a large percentage of the amount a lot of us are charging for gel polish treatments. An amount that is taken directly from your profit.

One roll of hairdressing foil in a dispenser and one bag of cotton wool costs pennies per treatment. Practice your technique and wrap neatly and consistently and it looks just as professional to clients.

JMHO :hug:

Thanks for your post, but I posted about these for using on myself as I find it too fiddly to use the others. I havn't read anything about the other posters being worried about anything, or timings.

It may just be me and I missed those posts though! :D

No, you didn't miss anything. I was mainly referring to the advertisement in the link you posted.

For your own nails, they may well be easier, I just don't like the price of all these branded disposables for use in the salon, and the amount I am doing per day, it would cost me a fortune.

I am purchasing these to use on myself and to retail to clients.

Latest posts

Back