Grand opening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah84

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie who's after a lil bit of advice. I've had a salon for 7/8 years now, I've just built an additional room in my garden& I'm thinking of having a grand opening..has anyone done1 of these? Or even an open evening??all information appreciated:)cheers x

We had an open day about three weeks ago. The rep from Environ brought a Visia machine and we booked in clients for complimentary consultations. As the consulting door was open (with clients permission) it raised a lot of interest, and we have had to book 2 more Environ consultation days in quick succession to deal with demand. I spent most of the day doing make overs using Jane Iredale and we gave everyone who came a voucher once they had filled in a consultation form with all their details such as email etc!

We had complimentary wine, although tea and coffee were also popular and a caterer friend did canapes. We offered 15% discount on all product bought on the day, and did 3 for 2 on certain treatments paid for on the day.

Was it a success. Resoundingly yes!!! We took far more money than we had anticipated. I would not do food again - Doritos etc in bowls would have been fine. The wine was a nice touch. We got press coverage, increased our client list and got a lot of new bookings. It was absolutely knackering, but we are going to do it 6 monthly.

It was great fun.

Hope that helps x

Yes that does help!... Did u send out invites??

I have a home salon & did a special offer birthday day for my 1st year in business & salon refurbishment.

I worked 13 hours straight & loved it! Had a few bits which I have attatched as a picture here. I made a poster highlighting the great offers & number to book on. People loved it :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381442095.648995.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381442073.115478.jpg

Cheers guys.. All helpful advice:) x

I've recently moved my tanning salon into a larger premises and we hosted an open day! Was the best decision I made and was such a lovely atmosphere! We had a food buffet, drinks, free pots of creams, raffle prizes, etc! We didn't send invites out but had posters advertising the date all around our previous salon and a newspaper feature! Was a bit of a risk as we wasn't sure on how many customers would actually come but was a big success! Good luck :)

Cheers Sarah... Did you contact supplier for raffle prizes?? I was considering a goodie bag with samples, but when I contacted supplier they now charge over a certain amount for sample pots! X

Sorry saira...:))

Cheers Sarah... Did you contact supplier for raffle prizes?? I was considering a goodie bag with samples, but when I contacted supplier they now charge over a certain amount for sample pots! X

I have quite a good relationship with my supplier but I was just cheeky and asked if they had any products which they were discontinuing or no longer stocking in which I could buy at a reduced price - I ended up with far too much! Haha
Do you have sunbeds too? If you do, I highly recommend the gallon pumps ProTan do - I gave out little pots of Sweet Emotions for free! The gallon was £50 and I bought the pots too!
I also used CostCo for my buffet food, cost £100 and I had too much food!!
Let me know if there's anything else you need help with, I know how stressful that big day can be! :)

Yes that does help!... Did u send out invites??

I sent out invites to my existing client list which was probably one of my biggest expenses, but very worth it. I asked them to bring a friend, gave opening times etc and if they couldn't make it, pass the invite to someone who could. I also put it on Facebook, paid to promote it and put it on the website!!!

V x

I'm going to have to jot down ideas ladies!:) u've given me a whole load of extra ideas....in answer to you question saira I don't have sunbirds,but I liked the idea of discontinued stock etc... I cud use salons direct for that side if things.... Ok 1 last thing that's been bothering me. I've a treatment room& waiting room in my garden.. Do I stagger the invites??...cause although not a massive client base there's has to be 100+... Has anyone else has this issue
With lack of space?
Xx

I'm going to have to jot down ideas ladies!:) u've given me a whole load of extra ideas....in answer to you question saira I don't have sunbirds,but I liked the idea of discontinued stock etc... I cud use salons direct for that side if things.... Ok 1 last thing that's been bothering me. I've a treatment room& waiting room in my garden.. Do I stagger the invites??...cause although not a massive client base there's has to be 100+... Has anyone else has this issue
With lack of space?
Xx

You should try and get to Pro Beauty North tomorrow and see what freebies you can blag!
How big is your garden? You could make a bit of a feature of it perhaps? If it's small, I'd recommend staggering it but at the same time you don't want to be making people leave to make room for more people..

With lack of space?
Xx

This was my concern - however, I sent out 245 invites and had 70 people come throughout the day, so I wouldn't worry too much - just let them get on with it - that was my feeling in the end x

Latest posts

Back