Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
Has anyone been?? Recommend or not? Xx

It looks lovely. No, I haven't been and never will go to Mexico. I don't understand why people go all the way to Mexico, what is it? 15 hour flight? When you can get exactly the same thing within 5 hours. The Canaries, Greece, Cyprus all offer the same sort of thing.

Anyway, I'm not saying its a bad thing, whatever floats your boat. Im sure its great. but is it really any different? And if you hate flying like I do, I don't see the point.

If someone reading this has been to Mexico, please enlighten me. I am ignorant. Haven't got a clue. :wink2:

Been to Riviera Maya twice now, last year and last month. Stayed at El Dorado Royale both times. EDR is adults only so don't know if that's what you are looking for.
Flew on the Dreamliner, 10 1/2 hours there, 8 1/2 hours back due to tailwind. Superb flights.
Went to Tulum

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395693645.485680.jpg

and Akumal
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395693687.668738.jpg

Any q's then please feel free.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395693606.850989.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395693606.850989.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90
I'm going to Grand Bahia Principe in May :)
Can't wait just dreading the flight a little bit, can anyone recommend some trips?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mexico is an absolutely beautiful place! It really has got a mixture of everything for all tastes!
I stayed in cancun :)
It's steeped in history with one of the seven wonders of the world Chichen Itza! A must see! Then there's the amazing wildlife at Xel ha aquatic park! The fantastic nightlife if that's what floats your boat too - Check out coco bongos and señor frogs. The beaches are immaculate and hotels are of an impeccable standard. Food just to die for, yes a bit americanised but if your adventurous it's there to be had.
Can't recommend it highly enough.

Thanks ladies we went to The Catalonia last year on honeymoon and it was incredible!! It really is heaven on earth and in a whole other league to anywhere I have been to before.
The flight is absolutely worth every second.

NicNic, So we have shortlisted the Bahia too, have you been there before? I've heard amazing things about there!!

GemmaB The Eldorado looks amazing but sadly out of out budget :( It's joined our 'bucketlist' though. Really wish we could stretch to going there but maybe next time xxx

Ps my profile pic of the beach on honeymoon ;) xx

Nicnic we want to Akumal too, what a breathtakingly beautiful place!! X

Been to Riviera Maya twice now, last year and last month. Stayed at El Dorado Royale both times. EDR is adults only so don't know if that's what you are looking for.
Flew on the Dreamliner, 10 1/2 hours there, 8 1/2 hours back due to tailwind. Superb flights.
Went to Tulum

View attachment 59896

and Akumal
View attachment 59897

Any q's then please feel free.

We stayed at the El Dorado as well it is amazing, we got a brilliant deal from Thompson and they upgraded us to the casitas rooms for free.

Oh I wish I was going back, it's such a beautiful place x

I'm off to mexico next month and I'm the same as JemmaB scared of the long flight hate the thought of being stuck on the plane so long :( I'm sure it will be worth it though :) any tips for long haul?

We stayed at the El Dorado as well it is amazing, we got a brilliant deal from Thompson and they upgraded us to the casitas rooms for free.

Oh I wish I was going back, it's such a beautiful place x

Ahhhh me too! We stayed at the El Dorado Royale Casitas this February - our second time - fantastic!!! :Love:

I went to grand bahi principe in April last year. All I can say is Mexico was amazing! Dolphin trip is a must! You will love it out there xx

We went last year for honeymoon and did the dolphin trip, great isn't it!! I just wondered if anyone knows anything about this hotel. Did you like the Grand Bahia?x

Yeah loved grand bahia. Couldn't fault it we loved it so much we went for the same hotel we went to in Dominican in November. One thing though, the hotel is absolutely massive and was a 10 minute walk to the beach luckily they had little buses to take you around the hotel so wasn't to bad

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I was talking to a client of mine who has been To Mexico and she said she stayed in a hotel that basically has a sister hotel a few minutes walk away and the entertainment would swap between hers & the other hotel ( all inclusive ) but because you were coming out of your hotel and walking to the other one it felt like you were going out ( I hope that makes sense lol ) can anyone think of what hotel it might be? TIA x

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I was talking to a client of mine who has been To Mexico and she said she stayed in a hotel that basically has a sister hotel a few minutes walk away and the entertainment would swap between hers & the other hotel ( all inclusive ) but because you were coming out of your hotel and walking to the other one it felt like you were going out ( I hope that makes sense lol ) can anyone think of what hotel it might be? TIA x

Sounds like grand bahia, they have a few sister hotels together x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back