Grandma Nowell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulnails03

Reaction score
My Grandma Nowell died on Saturday, and so I want to tell you all about her.

She was 88 years old, and even though it was my Step-Dads Grandma, she made sure we called her that and thought of her as our Grandma.

She had Liver Cancer and there was nothing they could do for her. She was a bubbly, determined Lady, who had a great sense of humour and we loved her lots.

She was like a real Nana Moon! :lol: She made her own Baileys and drank a small glass every morning with breakfast!
At the age of 80 she got pulled over by the Police for speeding, but when the Policeman saw two old ladies and a wheelchair in the car he thought it was so funny that he let her off with a warning! :lol:

She would dress in beautiful classy suits and sit and do her crosswords, she adored gardening and kept her garden beautiful.

She lived in Kings Lynn, and so I havent seen her for a while, but I wrote her a letter in December to which she replied, and wished me the best of luck with my Salon. My Stepdad and Mum travelled to see her at the weekend, and she was in bed, with them and my step-dads parents beside her. She couldn't communicate properly, but they told her how everybody was doing, and they kept her smiling.

My Stepdad and his Dad popped out, and that is when she passed away. We think that she waited to see the people she loved, and make sure they were happy, then she decided to go because it was Valentines Day and she had an important date with her husband! :lol:

We will all miss her lots, she was like a ray of sunshine. And I just wanted to share with you all what a truly amazing and wonderful person she was.

I was so sorry to hear your sad news but you obviously have lots of wonderful memories of a very special lady.

I lost my god-mother two weeks ago but I also have many special memories to keep me going. She had been ill with lupus for nearly 20 years but never let this stop her. Unfortunately she never had children but my sis and I were the nearest thing she had to kids and she doted on us. She even got me my first job when I was 15 at the shop where she worked (I'm 40 now so that was long ago!). On my wedding day 18 years ago she gave me a beautiful lace hankie as my something borrowed and I still have it even if the husband went by the wayside a few years back.

Memories mean we will never forget.

Shaza

I am so sorry about your sad loss. I know what it's like as I lost an 18yr. old brother 10yrs. ago. We all get through it somehow.

sorry to here of your sad loss, but hey what a wonderful woman to have known, sounds like she bought a smile to everyone faces as i'm sure you did to hers.

Thinking of you x

Oh my, what a moving story....and what a fab Lady............

Well my dear sister in law die too on saturday, valentines day ...............
so I feel for you..........
She had bone cancer and was a real go and get em girl...........
But thats enough sadness for now............
Lets celebrate their lifes................I like to think, that it's not like they have gone for good, they have just stepped into a room we can't enter for now ,so they are only a thought away.............

What a superb post. I can really see why she is suched a missed woman.

bless

lets raise a glass to them, and be thankful that they touched your lives, they will never be forgotten and always in your hearts

So sorry to hear about your Gran.
My dad died 5 years ago last sunday and i put this in the paper.
We think of you as living,
In the hearts of those you touched,
For nothing loved is ever lost,
and you were loved so much.

Always keep the happy memories they will last you a life time.

I am sorry for your loss. I am pleased that you are able to celebrate her wonderful life, as that is very important. I have suffered the loss of 9 of my friends in the last year as well as my mother in law and sometimes I find it hard to be so positive, but it is the only way. It is the memories that keep people in our hearts. Always talk about them, even if it brings a few tears.

Oh! how sad for you, but you know i smiled as well as had a tear fall.... what lovely memories and what a wonderful lady to have been in your life... you are very very lucky and at least she lived to a good age and had a good life and she has made a mark on your (and others i expect) life.. the baileys sounds like a fab idea -one tradition you should maybe carry on for her......
like others have said your memories will keep her alive and she the type of person i would love to have watching over me! as i am sure she will be over you

I too want to wish you well over this sad time.........strangely enough today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of my aunty Sue. She died at the age of 47 with a brain haemorrage.

My aunty was a very special person to me as I lived with her and my uncle for a year when I was 14 (my parents were selling up in South Africa and I came back early),and although I wasn't a truly difficult teenager, I still think it was a big upheaval having me in their home.

She was a very special lady, very kind, loving and so thoughtful..........

I loved what Ruth said about them just being in another room. I now feel that I have my very own special angel looking out for me and my family.

I hope you don't mind me telling you my story, but somehow it just felt right.

Adele

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and send my deepest sympathy's. I lost my Mum at the age of 16 to a brain haemorrage she was just 42 years of age, since then i have lost many other special and wonderful friends and family, it is tough but you must celebrate there lives and keep them alive through your memories.

May I say that I do feel that all our loved ones although sadly missed are more than likely up there with the master having a great old time, as we all have come to be united upon this forum I expect that our loved ones are also united in the after life hey.

Again my deepest sympathys to you and your family, keep her alive in your wonderful memories and take comfort in knowing she will be loved and cared for where she is now.

Grace x

Thank You all for your lovely words and kindness. And I am so sorry to hear about your own sad stories.

It is a great idea to keep that tradition going, Thank You. I am more pleased than I am sad because I know she was a great woman, and I am pleased to have known here. And heaven will definatley be alot brighter than usual with my Grandma Nowell there, she'll just be encouraging God to try her Baileys! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back