Gray streaks in dark brown colored hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Forbes

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, This is for myself. And yes I'm a professional ;) just not working in the field but I do have access to professional products. That being said, I have a lot of white hair, and thinking of letting my hair go natural. At the moment my hair is very dark brown, around level 3, and I have been of course coloring it for like 30 years. My hair is very long, and I don't think I'm ready to chop it off in order to transition. So I was thinking of putting some streaks of silver to match my roots in order to help blend in. What would you use? I like Redken myself, but I'm not coloring expert this is so new to me, and I want to do it right. I read somewhere that 20 volume lifts more than 40 but takes more time. Any thoughts? Anyway I'll appreciate any help you can provide. The photo shows what I'd like to achieve. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3-gray-brown-hair-with-silver-highlights.jpg
    3-gray-brown-hair-with-silver-highlights.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 23
The picture you posted is not something you can realistically achieve at home doing it yourself.
If you’ve been colouring it for years, you’ll need to do a colour correction for a start.
As you’re not an experienced colourist, you’d be better off waiting until you can see a competent professional.

Tks, I'm not a hair color expert, but I'm still a hairdresser, anything a haidresser can do I can do, I just needed some help .. I was really hoping for tips on how others would achieve something similar

Latest posts

Back