Grazia Magazine Nails Picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burberry nails were done to death, I think the Louboutin is a bit more subtle and could be done a service using red powder to sculpt out the tip....as Kirsty suggested earlier....but even the Louboutin trade make....flash a bit of red as you walk, is getting a bit common now too....they're everywhere you look and so obvious jmho

I must be a bit behind the times caused I hadnt noticed it!

I must be a bit behind the times caused I hadnt noticed it!
Don't tell me you're a salon who doesn't have all the recent mags....it does make a difference, sad but true...clients waiting want to read this weeks goss not three weeks ago or older.

Don't tell me you're a salon who doesn't have all the recent mags....it does make a difference, sad but true...clients waiting want to read this weeks goss not three weeks ago or older.

Funny thing is Cathie we do - and I am one for buying these magazines too but this look doesnt seem to have taken off in Stoke yet!

Burberry nails were done to death, I think the Louboutin is a bit more subtle and could be done a service using red powder to sculpt out the tip....as Kirsty suggested earlier....but even the Louboutin trade make....flash a bit of red as you walk, is getting a bit common now too....they're everywhere you look and so obvious jmho

I agree Burberry are so last year:) Thank God.
Are you saying my shoes are out of date already mate?
I would definately give this a go with the red powder and use L&P and then black enamel, also a rhinestone on the underneath of the ring finger.

Well maybe I'm just off at a tangent here, but everyone in the mags are wearing them...I can't afford them but the fakes are out there already as in New Look.....just like the burberry was....

Even if I could afford them, I wouldn't buy them now because everyone has them and they are a bit common imo!!!

I think designer should be subtle...

An other designer that smacks you in the face and gets ripped off is Louis Vuitton...how obvious is his design?

Well maybe I'm just off at a tangent here, but everyone in the mags are wearing them...I can't afford them but the fakes are out there already as in New Look.....just like the burberry was....

Even if I could afford them, I wouldn't buy them now because everyone has them and they are a bit common imo!!!

An other designer that smacks you in the face and gets ripped off is Louis Vuitton...how obvious is his design?
I think you are spot on Cathie. I can't understand why people pay so much to wear things that are like out of a fire sale and such mass production.

I agree with you Cathie, that is why no one is ever able to tell what designers I am wearing :lol:

I told you my shoes are River Island...not New Look!!!
I have a few designer things but no-one has any idea because the label is on the inside:)

Well when I get my new change purse tomorrow it won't be in yr face....but I will know where it came from.

All this Bench stuff makes me wonder too......why pay £100 plus for a hoody for it to say Bench....like..I paid loads for this? Vicky Pollard from Fishponds. (that's where I live btw lol)

Zoe's on a bit of a roll with this idea of hers (chic nail art) . Wait till you see the next one. The beauty editor is a regular of hers after she met her at the salon launch

Great isn't it

Zoe's on a bit of a roll with this idea of hers (chic nail art) . Wait till you see the next one. The beauty editor is a regular of hers after she met her at the salon launch

Great isn't it

Is there a website where we can see some of hers and your work Marion?

The beauty editor is a regular of hers after she met her at the salon launch
Is that the same person who's a judge on Project Catwalk (Sky Three)?

I wish I'd seen this earlier. Have just done my nails. :irked: Such a simple but effective idea. Will see if I can persuade anyone to have them done.

Hi Oey

Zoe has been doing some fabulous salon work and is really only just getting into this type of work. She is one of my 'salon team' but has been doing more stuff in my 'session team' (she's just come back from Paris and my Fashion Week shows which I'm sure will make an appearance in her own inimitable style in Scratch very soon) Mike, who posted earlier, has been doing some great stuff in my sessions team too.

If you want to see a tiny bit of my work (not aimed at the nail industry at all!) have a look at streeters then London then 'Nail Technician'

Hi Oey

Zoe has been doing some fabulous salon work and is really only just getting into this type of work. She is one of my 'salon team' but has been doing more stuff in my 'session team' (she's just come back from Paris and my Fashion Week shows which I'm sure will make an appearance in her own inimitable style in Scratch very soon) Mike, who posted earlier, has been doing some great stuff in my sessions team too.

If you want to see a tiny bit of my work (not aimed at the nail industry at all!) have a look at streeters then London then 'Nail Technician'

Thanks Marian

I absolutely love the silver hallmarked nail - how did you achieve that look?

Apologies for hi-jacking the thread but I am sure that there are loads of others would love to know how this one is done too!

i spoke to mike about them when it was published and he said they had to use a white tip to get the colour distinction pre painted the red underneath used resin on top and then the black was put on aparently, dont quote me tho it was a while ago!!

I picked up a copy of Dare magazine in Superdrug. On page 29 this month a half page pic with words regarding The two-tone manicure - want to get the nail craze?

Very nice picture of short nails with pink and orange two tone nails (pink on free edge). Under the picture : two tone nail polish, as seen on Lily Allen.

Gives credit to Zoe Pocock as the manicurist who started the "Craze".

SORRY NO I have NO scanner!

you could also get this effect from using clear tips with a thin layer of red aycrlic on zone one covered by another thin layer of black or chosen colour choice or sculpt red zone one covered by black or chosen colour

Hi Oey

Hi Marian,

I know this is a terribly cheeky question, but for the Rimmel FM ad, did you actually use Rimmel products to achieve the look ?

Marlise

Latest posts

Back