Grazing help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I have been a therapist for 10 years in a salon and just gone mobile. I have never grazed anyone ever.....until this week! I have grazed an eyebrow and a chin and I'm mortified. I did everything the same ...checked the temp...held skin taught ect...however I'm thinking as I'm used to being in salon with air con people have time to cool down ect where as even if I'm checking the wax maybe it's too cool/thick and their skin is too warm and it's causing snagging and a graze. I'm thinking of only using hot wax on their face with a barrier of either talc / oil especially during the hotter weather but also as I do alot of eyebrows maybe investing in a heater like the orb as it stays the same temp an hour after being removed from the plug so I would know it's the right Temperature. However for a tiny wax pot it's quite expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations??

Thank you xx

Your question is about grazing help, however you seem to have answered all your own points regarding why it happens.
Extra reasons are that their hormones and being in the sun more than before will add to the problem.
Hot wax is better and I use talc under on sensitive clients.

I would urge you to look at some of the petite wax systems before spending that massive amount on the Orb. Hive is my personal favourite wax unit, they are sturdy, reliable and perfectly priced. ( They do a 200 cc unit) Just think about how many waxes you would have to do before breaking even?
Another factor to think about is that wax will ruin the unit and it looks like it is better for warming massage oils rather than wax in my opinion.
Anyway it's your decision so good luck.

I have a Neos 200cc wax heater.

I like it very much looks wise, but I find I need it on max temp for my hot wax and it loses temperature as soon as the lid is off. For that reason I have to premelt quite a bit of wax in order to maintain temp whilst I’m waxing

Latest posts

Back