Greasy hair, now with dandruff!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helengrace000

Reaction score
Hi hope I'm okay to ask this here? My hair has always been on oily side. I wash it every other day and it gets greasy real quick. I was using Faith in Nature shampoo (I like to use natural ie no parabens etc) and had been for a while, however I started getting some dandruff which I've not had before. So I've now switched to a baby shampoo but I still have dandruff! I do shampoo twice in shower as never feel like I've got rid of all the oil after doing it once! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for me please? I hate having greasy hair and now hate that have dandruff too :(

Thanks in advance xx

I was just about to write the exact same topic!

First of all chuck out the baby shampoo. It's formulated to an alkaline ph level for eyes not hair (acid) so it won't make your eyes sting but it will strip your hair.

Only wash you hair once and rinse thoroughly and only shampoo once or twice a week. Over washing with strong detergent products will encourage your scalp to increase oil production which exacerbates the problem. It will feel even greasier to begin with but persevere and your scalp will adjust itself, given half a chance and probably take between 2-4 weeks for a real improvement.

Also, find a shampoo that's free from sulphates and sodium.

Wow thank you :) I'm definitely going to try all that! Interesting what you said about the baby shampoo too. Thanks x

First of all chuck out the baby shampoo. It's formulated to an alkaline ph level for eyes not hair (acid) so it won't make your eyes sting but it will strip your hair.

Only wash you hair once and rinse thoroughly and only shampoo once or twice a week. Over washing with strong detergent products will encourage your scalp to increase oil production which exacerbates the problem. It will feel even greasier to begin with but persevere and your scalp will adjust itself, given half a chance and probably take between 2-4 weeks for a real improvement.

Also, find a shampoo that's free from sulphates and sodium.

Baby shampoo strips colour though doesn't it? I only wash my hair once a week as it is :(

Oh really? Thinking about it I only wash mine at most 3 times a week. Frustrating isn't it :(

Any other suggestions geeks?

Xx

Hi, invest in some professional quality shampoo targeted for dandruff. in my salon we have Kerastase specifique range which targets your problem-oily scalp with dandruff. Alternatively you could go for Moroccan oil range which are sulphate and paraben free and they also do scalp treatments which are really great and do work. you only apply the treatment to the scalp and leave to work for 5-10 minutes,then wash as usual,preferably with moroccan oil range. and yes,ditch the baby shampoo! x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh the Moroccan oil range sounds good I'll definitely invest in some of this! And yes think I'm going to have to chuck the baby shampoo lol xx

Ive been having problems just recently with my hair being greasy all the time, my hair dresser advised me to mix some lemon juice into my shampoo and its worked wonders my hair feels amazing! Also head & shoulders citric shampoo/conditioner is meant to be good too x x

Head and shoulders is awful! it strips your hair of colour as well! wouldn't recommend at all x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back