Greasy hair please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried just shampoo'ing and not using any condidioner? And condition every 2-3 washes ... maybe condition once a week?

This is what I do and there is a huge difference to what my hair was before! I think I was over conditioning my hair!!

GOOD POINT!!! i did used t use a hell of alot of conditioner, my hair gets really knotty if i dont condition it. but will try it thanks

GOOD POINT!!! i did used t use a hell of alot of conditioner, my hair gets really knotty if i dont condition it. but will try it thanks

Same here, and I also find that some conditioners leave my hair really dry and feeling like grass :eek:

I've invested in a detangling spray which really seems to help the problem of knots in hair after washing.

Marlise

my step-daughter has greasy hair and I asked my stylist what to do for her problem hair, and she told me to try vinegar and water. Haven't done it yet but willing to give it a try. Believe she said one cup vinegar to 4 cups water. Does this sound to harsh, meaning drying her hair out because of the acid in the vinegar?

Have you ladies that use conditioner on your hair, ever tried a leave-in conditioner? I have long, thick hair, and I find in order to get a comb through my hair after I wash it, a leave-in conditioner works the best. If I use a creme conditioner my hair feels abit heavy, and I buy all professional products. Leave-in conditioner works like a charm, it comes in a spray bottle, so you just spray it on your hair, no rinising what so ever, speeds things up when your in a hurry, and I use it everyday.

Vinegar won't dry out over oily hair out if use sparingly. It isn't intended be used more than once a week.
It will strip the hair because of the acid levels. And if not rinsed really really well... :D you be smelling like a pickle.:wink2:
5 cups of it made is alot, so make sure you break the amount down first.
Try it.

just wanted to say, that there is at least one salon in uk selling nioxin, cos last time i went to my hairdressers (bout 2 months ago), she used this on me and as trying to sell me it, i couldnt afford it tbh, but i do remember thinking how fab the products smell, and it did leave my hair bouncy and thicker, and was gonna come on here and post about it but forgot tbh, then happened to find this thread today and thought, how weird,

so a salon in southport is selling it, so im sure others must be too,

hth xxx

hi

redken have just released their new scalp range check it out

http://redken-uk.com/_en/_gb/products/range.aspx?CatCode=AXE_HAIR^F1_Haircare^F2_Scalp_Relief&TopCat=F2_Scalp_Relief&

you need the oil detox

hi

redken have just released their new scalp range check it out

http://redken-uk.com/_en/_gb/products/range.aspx?CatCode=AXE_HAIR^F1_Haircare^F2_Scalp_Relief&TopCat=F2_Scalp_Relief&

you need the oil detox

Are these products available in the UK yet as the above is a American site ?

Ignore me, just found the products in the UK.

Marlise

try the Galvanic Spa. it helps fantastically!

greetz, Marc:)

What would be best to use for very greasy hair (within 24 hours of washing it) but with a very flaky scalp? This is my daughter who is only 12, I have tried loads of different things from supermrkets and on prescription from the Doctor's but nothing helps, I would give the Nioxin a try but I'm not sure which would be best?

What would be best to use for very greasy hair (within 24 hours of washing it) but with a very flaky scalp? This is my daughter who is only 12, I have tried loads of different things from supermrkets and on prescription from the Doctor's but nothing helps, I would give the Nioxin a try but I'm not sure which would be best?

Hi there~ Nixion comes in actually two different formulas
#1 is for normal hair- no color-
#2 is for color treated hair.

All odd numbered bottles 1-3-5-7 are for normal hair
All even numbered bottles 2-4-6-8- are for colortreated.:)

If your daughter hasn't any highlights use #1. But she really can even use #2 as it won't be too heavy either.
Remember to apply the shampoo (cleanser) to the scalp only, to do this- apply the shampoo on the fingertips only and by tilting the head, reach in with fingers and rub scalp gently with the shampoo. Make sure she keeps the shampoo on for at least a minute and the same with the conditioner.

Ta JD will give it a go x

for greasy hair.

use

batiste dry shampoo!!! its fab....

If you have greasy hair and have to wash it everyday to feel clean and non greasy (which isnt good for your hair) use this between washes...that way you are not washing everyday but s apray of this on your greasy bits makes your hair look freshly washed without it really being washed!!

xx

Latest posts

Back