Greasy hair please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGENT1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any tips or advise,

i have got really fine hair and it goeas really greasy really quick, i have to wash it everyday if i want it down if not i have to tie it up and look like a chip pan head,:irked:

my hair is quite dark drown naturally. I had a few high lights in it recently (thourght this might help it to look less greasy) but no!!!!!:mad:

i shampoo twice and only condition the ends i dont use any products on my hair what so ever the only thing i am a slave to is straightening (ghd's) :rolleyes:

anyone got any advise as to how to get a bit longer out of my hair once washed and stop it goin greasy so quick.

desperate and need help........................................

i shampoo twice and only condition the ends i dont use any products on my hair what so ever the only thing i am a slave to is straightening (ghd's) :rolleyes:

desperate and need help........................................
What type of shampoo and conditioner are you using currently?

currently change between panten and vo5 sometimes Head and shoulders

Hi Guys
I'm new to this, so please forgive me if i don't do it quite right yet:rolleyes:
Greasy hair is such a pain, just a few tips that might help: try not to wash it quite so often as you might be making it worse it might improve after a few weeks of less massaging the scalp! hard i know. Also don't use hot water try lukewarm!! Lastly have you heard of Phytologie hair products - brilliant stuff and worth getting some product advice:green:good luck

currently change between panten and vo5 sometimes Head and shoulders

Pantene is a shampoo that is full of wax. It takes 8 shampoos to remove this wax.

V05 is a shampoo with nothing to offer your hair And will contribute to oilyness by leaving a coating on it.

Head and shoulders is for dry flaky scalps.

Lou is correct in over washing and stimulating the oil glands of your scalp.
With oily hair.
To me it sounds like you are using the wrong shampoos.

I would suggest Nioxin shampoos. It is a Shampoo and conditioning line that is actually made for the scalp to help balance out the PH of your scalp.
Go to a salon that carrys it and get some. If you don't like it after a couple of shampoos. Take it back and get your money back. It is guaranteed thru a salon.

Pantene is a shampoo that is full of wax. It takes 8 shampoos to remove this wax.

V05 is a shampoo with nothing to offer your hair And will contribute to oilyness by leaving a coating on it.

Head and shoulders is for dry flaky scalps.

Lou is correct in over washing and stimulating the oil glands of your scalp.
With oily hair.
To me it sounds like you are using the wrong shampoos.

I would suggest Nioxin shampoos. It is a Shampoo and conditioning line that is actually made for the scalp to help balance out the PH of your scalp.
Go to a salon that carrys it and get some. If you don't like it after a couple of shampoos. Take it back and get your money back. It is guaranteed thru a salon.

Thanks for the advise, OMG, didnt realise about pantene, been using it for years,

Stop using it. :)

Mix up this to remove alot of the wax in your hair.

1T. of baking soda
1 Cup warm water

In the shower~ wet your hair down, pour the baking soda solution over your hair and act like you are shampooing your hair. ( it will not lather up but might feel a bit gritty)
leave it on for approx 1 min. rinse very well.Shampoo using a regualr shampoo.

Baking soda will help remove the wax buildups in your hair without damaging it.
Condition only your ends of your hair . rinse.

I have this greasy problem too, I feel that if I dont wash my hair every day then it feels like a mop. I have been using Herbal Essences recently & was told that was full of wax too!

I like the Aussie S&C ... is that wax too??

I have been looking at suppliers close to me stocking Nioxin, & I can't seem to find one ... might have to buy some off the net!!

Redmond Aussie is a high conditioning product.
I have recommened this to a few of my clients when they needed shampoo in a pinch. I would not recommend using it all the time and stop shampooing your hair everyday!! :D

instead of shampooing~ rinse your hair in water..cool water works really well. As it will tighten up your scalp and close the cuticle of your hair giving you softer and bouncy hair.

stop shampooing your hair everyday!! :D

instead of shampooing~ rinse your hair in water..cool water works really well. As it will tighten up your scalp and close the cuticle of your hair giving you softer and bouncy hair.

Hijacking the thread slightly :green:, my hair isn't greasy but I do shampoo and condition it every day (except one day at the weekend when I can't be bothered!). Would just rinsing in water be enough every other day for me? I don't use product, but do straighten and have a collar-bone length bob......

I'm a bit phobic about having clean bouncy hair!

Yep Vetty, you would do well with just rinsing. You have got to remember what shampoo is...a cleanser. By cleansing everyday, you are stripping your hair of healthy oils. No one, whether oily or normal should shampoo everyday. :)

Yep Vetty, you would do well with just rinsing. You have got to remember what shampoo is...a cleanser. By cleansing everyday, you are stripping your hair of healthy oils. No one, whether oily or normal should shampoo everyday. :)

Hi jd i followed ur advise and got some nioxin products off the net, they arrived today but i have noticed they have sent me the conditioner for NON CHEMICALLY treated hair instead of chemically treated hair, my hair is coloured and highlighted, would i have to return it or will it not matter that much?????????????

LOl I already answered your PM but I will post the answer here for everyone to learn from( don't want to keep anyone in suspense)

The #1 condtioner should work ok. Just using your fingertips, apply the condtioner to your scalp. rubbing it in gently. Then if you feel the ends of your hair still need a bit more conditioning, you can use another conditioner just making sure you do not smoosh it on your scalp.

LOL :) thanks hun, i did it then realised would be easier to PM u, anyhow, thanks for ur help much appriciated. :hug:

Hijacking the thread slightly :green:, my hair isn't greasy but I do shampoo and condition it every day (except one day at the weekend when I can't be bothered!). Would just rinsing in water be enough every other day for me? I don't use product, but do straighten and have a collar-bone length bob......

I'm a bit phobic about having clean bouncy hair!

I used to was my hair every day too Vetty, then I followed Gigi's advice in the thread that I have linked in a previous post. I now am washing every 3 days and my hair feels fab xxx

I used to was my hair every day too Vetty, then I followed Gigi's advice in the thread that I have linked in a previous post. I now am washing every 3 days and my hair feels fab xxx

I rinsed without shampooing this morning and tbh it feels a bit manky now! If I stick with washing then rinsing every other day will it feel less manky on the rinsing days?

I rinsed without shampooing this morning and tbh it feels a bit manky now! If I stick with washing then rinsing every other day will it feel less manky on the rinsing days?
Yes, but it will take about a week for your hair to get used to its new routine!

What is manky?? :D

Latest posts

Back