Great idea for soaking off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

Thought I'd share my husband's good idea for soaking off. I was busy trying to get some foil together to start my soaking off, which last time I had a job to keep on my fingers and he came along as suggested this....

Soak a nail wipe in acetone (I've added some olive oil to help keep skin from drying out.
Cut off the finger ends of laytex gloves and place over nail wipe which is wrapped around the end of your finger!

Simple as that, I'm typing with mine on at the mo! You'd have to make sure the gloves were the right size for the hand. No reason why you can't wash them and use again! Bit like little rubber johnnys!! lol

Deb379

Hi Deb sounds like a good idea would be interested to know how long it takes for you to get them off x

Deb379 said:
Hi there

Thought I'd share my husband's good idea for soaking off. I was busy trying to get some foil together to start my soaking off, which last time I had a job to keep on my fingers and he came along as suggested this....

Soak a nail wipe in acetone (I've added some olive oil to help keep skin from drying out.
Cut off the finger ends of laytex gloves and place over nail wipe which is wrapped around the end of your finger!

Simple as that, I'm typing with mine on at the mo! You'd have to make sure the gloves were the right size for the hand. No reason why you can't wash them and use again! Bit like little rubber johnnys!! lol

Deb379
Only thing is, it would end up being an expensive way to do a soak off on a client.

I do this, I posted it as an idea on another website!

you can also then put the fingers in a bowl of warm water to speed it up even more

It can then reduce the time to about 15mins.

Bodacious said:
I do this, I posted it as an idea on another website!

you can also then put the fingers in a bowl of warm water to speed it up even more

It can then reduce the time to about 15mins.
As well as foil method, I use the warm water method for speeding up as well. Doesnt it become expensive to keep cutting up rubber gloves?

Hi there

I left them on for 30 mins although I think 20 would have been fine but there were 1 or 2 stubborn spots on 2 nails, rubbed over the nail and wiped down when I took off. The beauty of this system is you can leave them on as long as you like whilst carrying on as normal.

Carole it wouldn't be expensive, I've rinsed them out in hot soapy water to be used again. You could always soak in a mild solution of bleach if you were worried about germs, or you could keep each clients in your file envelope if you do that system.

Yes I guess you could then put your hands in a bag and put into hot mitts to speed up.

The olive oil also helped as my finger ends were dry last time, got this tip from my great nail book.

Bodacious, sorry didn't know you had put the idea up as well, great minds think alike eh!

Deb379

Carole, box of 100 gloves at £4, each glove you cut up would cost 4p.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Carole, box of 100 gloves at £4, each glove you cut up would cost 4p.

Deb379
Do you use the latex ones that you can buy in wholesalers? I'll give it a try when i next soak off my own. Mind you i quite like the talking point of looking like Edward Scissorhands!!!

If you'd brought your idea out before the finger spa you could have made a mint Deb....Latex is alot cheaper....!

Carole, the box of gloves I have are latex, got them from a job lot of stuff from ebay, but you can buy these sort of gloves wholesale or from Rapid Electronics, CPC (electrical type catalogues my hub has), probably anywhere really.

I think this method is must nicer for client as well, as she could even have a brew whilst waiting! Plus it keeps the pong in as well.

Quite agree Vicky, it's quite often the simple ideas that make a mint! Trouble is if you made them specially people would just cut them from gloves anyway.

Whether they would become brittle after using them constantly I don't know, but it's certainly cheap enough to do each time if you wanted to.

Have a go,

Deb379

has anyone tried the 'soakers' (think thats what they are called anyway) they sell? seen them on ebay for £10. like little capsules that go on the end of each finger for soaking off nails. Dont know if they are any good but they are definately re-useable.

Yes Sherrie,

I have tried them - they are called Finger Spas and are available through www.nailsplusbeauty.com - I always use them if I am soaking off individual fingers.

We have used the finger spas but find that they can be a bit tight and uncomfortable on some fingers.

would you not use them for whole hands then, or do you think a big bowl is better? I will have a look at that site, thanks.

I have not used them for whole hand soaking as I use the Quicksoak Bowl!

Sherrie

If you want some I have some, never used them got them in a job lot from EBAY.

Deb379

I like this idea alot, wil defo give it ago, have to say i can get hold of the gloves free as hubby is a traffic cop and he has to use them when examining a car. Every now and again he brings a handful home for me.

When i first read this thread i had a serious blonde moment and thought you meant cut off the end of the fingers but then use the gloves not the finger ends......lol. All i could think of was, " wont the nail wipes get soaking wet when you put them in water.....DOH!!

talented talons said:
When i first read this thread i had a serious blonde moment and thought you meant cut off the end of the fingers but then use the gloves not the finger ends......lol. All i could think of was, " wont the nail wipes get soaking wet when you put them in water.....DOH!!
As Rob would say to me when i have a blonde moment (sorry all you blondes out there!) "oh you poor weak adorable thing, you!".

hi guys, I use the finger soakers and they are great and reusable and they cost £10.00 again you can put in warm water. They are great as you can work on an individual tip whilst the others soak off and any stubborn product, just leave a bit longer.
Pam

Latest posts

Back