Green Destiny nail company?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonbon1980

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for a vegan gel polish and polygel and came across a company call Green Destiny. Has anyone heard of them before? The reviews seem to be good.
This is the website https://www.greendestinybeauty.com

Kate x

All gel polishes are vegan

Really? The ones I've contacted have said they can't confirm they are. So I know some sell to China so aren't cruelty free. I've never heard of them all being vegan?

All gel polishes are free from any animal derived ingredients so can all be classed as vegan. What you are concerned about is whether or not a particular brand is cruelty free. I know Bio Sculpture is but it’s an expensive option.

From 11 March 2009, the EU banned the testing, within the EU, of cosmetic ingredients – irrespective of whether there were non-animal alternatives. It had already banned the testing in the EU of cosmetic products. The bans are known as ‘the testing bans’.

From 11 March 2013, the EU completed the ban on the sale of cosmetics animal-tested after that date anywhere in the world. The ban applies to both cosmetics products and ingredients, again irrespective of whether there are alternatives. It is known as the ‘marketing ban’.

However, there are limitations to the EU bans (see below).

For over two decades, we have been certifying companies as cruelty free under the Leaping Bunny programme. During this time it was the only way consumers could be sure they were buying products that were not tested on animals.

And the Leaping Bunny continues to be the best way you can be sure you are buying truly ‘cruelty free’ beauty products – because there are important differences between the Leaping Bunny and the EU bans.

The EU bans
As stated above, there are limitations to the EU bans:
  • Under EU law, they can only apply where there is a connection with the EU – i.e. testing within the EU or sale within the EU where the testing took place elsewhere
  • The European Commission argues that the bans only apply to cosmetic products and ingredients which are only used in cosmetics
  • It also argues that the bans do not apply to testing to determine if there is a risk to the environment (so-called 'ecotox testing’)
  • Moreover, it argues that the bans do not apply to worker safety tests
  • Rather, it says that the bans only apply to tests specifically aimed at consumer safety.
https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/what-we-do/corporate-partnerships/eu-ban-cosmetics-testing

Summary
Nail products developed before 11 March 2009, could have been tested on animals. There are companies selling gels, primers, acrylics that were developed long before this. Choose products that have been developed after this date.

Many chemicals have been tested on animals historically, that is how we know the level of toxicity that each has. It is this information that the EU Scientific Committee for Consumer Safety uses to determine if a cosmetic ingredient is permitted, restricted by volume or banned to ensure public safety. There has also been research into the environmental effects, and those products that can cause harm to aquatic life for example, have to have the appropriate warning symbol on the label.

All gel polishes are free from any animal derived ingredients so can all be classed as vegan. What you are concerned about is whether or not a particular brand is cruelty free. I know Bio Sculpture is but it’s an expensive option.
I thought some might still contain things like the colours that are derived from animals or insects. Bio sculpture looks lovely but you have to train with them too don't you? X

From 11 March 2009, the EU banned the testing, within the EU, of cosmetic ingredients – irrespective of whether there were non-animal alternatives. It had already banned the testing in the EU of cosmetic products. The bans are known as ‘the testing bans’.

From 11 March 2013, the EU completed the ban on the sale of cosmetics animal-tested after that date anywhere in the world. The ban applies to both cosmetics products and ingredients, again irrespective of whether there are alternatives. It is known as the ‘marketing ban’.

However, there are limitations to the EU bans (see below).

For over two decades, we have been certifying companies as cruelty free under the Leaping Bunny programme. During this time it was the only way consumers could be sure they were buying products that were not tested on animals.

And the Leaping Bunny continues to be the best way you can be sure you are buying truly ‘cruelty free’ beauty products – because there are important differences between the Leaping Bunny and the EU bans.

The EU bans
As stated above, there are limitations to the EU bans:
  • Under EU law, they can only apply where there is a connection with the EU – i.e. testing within the EU or sale within the EU where the testing took place elsewhere
  • The European Commission argues that the bans only apply to cosmetic products and ingredients which are only used in cosmetics
  • It also argues that the bans do not apply to testing to determine if there is a risk to the environment (so-called 'ecotox testing’)
  • Moreover, it argues that the bans do not apply to worker safety tests
  • Rather, it says that the bans only apply to tests specifically aimed at consumer safety.
https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/what-we-do/corporate-partnerships/eu-ban-cosmetics-testing

Summary
Nail products developed before 11 March 2009, could have been tested on animals. There are companies selling gels, primers, acrylics that were developed long before this. Choose products that have been developed after this date.

Many chemicals have been tested on animals historically, that is how we know the level of toxicity that each has. It is this information that the EU Scientific Committee for Consumer Safety uses to determine if a cosmetic ingredient is permitted, restricted by volume or banned to ensure public safety. There has also been research into the environmental effects, and those products that can cause harm to aquatic life for example, have to have the appropriate warning symbol on the label.
Thanks for the interesting read Bob. I knew that testing was banned in the EU. For me, I wouldn't buy from companies who sell to China as it's not ethical for me considering they still test. So am looking for something completely cruelty free X

Latest posts

Back