Green fingers after gel removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat27Bro

Reaction score
I saw a new client yesterday and I had to remove someone else's shellac nails. When the gel came off the two index fingers were green y underneath where the gel had been,all of the other fingers were dry and brittle underneath the gel. She had them on for 5 weeks and has always used the same nail lady for over 10 years. I've told her to see her GP and advised that I couldn't reapply any gel as the nails need to heal. She was absolutely fine with it just a bit shocked about finding it. She confirmed her nails were absolutely fine when they had been done 5 weeks previously. She has started to take some kind of meds 2 weeks ago. Can anyone shed any light on anything similar or just give any insight at all. I dont have any pics.
Thanks

Standard 'greenie' - too long between appointments so the gel had lifted and bacterial growth had started. Also often seen in DIY clients who don't sanitise before applications.

Old thinking was that once removed, santised and re prepped new products could be safely reapplied. This thinking has recently changed, check out this article for details.

https://nailknowledge.org/nail-knowledge-base/chloronychia

Standard 'greenie' - too long between appointments so the gel had lifted and bacterial growth had started. Also often seen in DIY clients who don't sanitise before applications.

Old thinking was that once removed, santised and re prepped new products could be safely reapplied. This thinking has recently changed, check out this article for details.

https://nailknowledge.org/nail-knowledge-base/chloronychia

Hi Trinity, thanks for your time I replying. Yeah, this is what I thought it was. I've advised her to leave it be whole it grows out, and to my use normal polish if really really needed. I've just read the info you've sent and it corresponds so thank you 😁

Latest posts

Back