Green hair from pool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica14933

Reaction score
Any advice how to get green out of my daughters bleach hair. From the swimming pool

Any advice how to get green out of my daughters bleach hair. From the swimming pool
Chelating shampoo... Or malibu c swimmers sachet or colour wow dream filter shampoo.

Chelating shampoo... Or malibu c swimmers sachet or colour wow dream filter shampoo.
Thank u.. I’m in spain atm so won’t be able to get hold of these.. any home remedies that actually work

Try ketchup darling

Do u know if paul Mitchell’s shampoo 3 is chelating shampoo?
[/QUOTE

Ok so I got some of the chelating shampoo and it’s not looking any different.. is there a ph condition that I should use after the shampoo maybe? It’s so green..
do I need to remove this all green before she has it re coloured?

Hi I’m not a colour technician

I know that the oxidisation of the metals have caused this in the hair (ends) and I need to Neutralise it to remove it. Just seems I’m not having any luck with the chelating shampoo I have. Also have tryed the ketchup job

Great answer! :)
We get lots of diy-ers posting during lockdown and the school holidays who ruin their hair because they don’t understand about the effect of metals in their hair and then try to re-colour it with disastrous results.

Ok, back to your dilemma.
As your daughter’s hair is lightened, is it very porous?
What are you hoping to achieve, colour wise?

Obviously, I’d be very concerned about a potential reaction to any oxidising colours you apply so you’ll need to do some incompatibility testing on samples of hair from across the head before using a normal Demi.

You could use a true semi in the meantime, as this shouldn’t react. I’d try a direct dye pink or red on a small section and see if it neutralises it sufficiently.

Assuming you’re still in Spain, maybe try using a tomato paste rather than ketchup as it will be more concentrated.

We r still in spain. I want to get the green out for now, Going forward once home And green is out and ph levels are normal I will put a semi on her. The ends Im sure are v pourse I’m sure that’s y the green has a grip in the ends. I’m wounded if the chelating shampoo has really got into the hair to clear it but left the hair cuticles open and then conditioner isn’t enough to get the ph levels normal and then when she’s in the pool again it’s easy for the pool water to penetrate back in again..

Very simple bicarbonate of soda mix with shampoo and bang bye bye unwanted colour 🙌🏽

Latest posts

Back