Green hair please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mell22

Reaction score
Hello,

which toner would you recommend for a 9-10 level hair with a slight greenish tint to cancel it out and neutralize it?

First off, are you a professionally licensed hairdresser? If so....
You need to give more info. Is this bleached full head? Highlights that need remedy? What has been used so far and what were the results? When and how did the green tint appear?

No I’m not a professional, and yes my hair is fully bleached (twice with 30 volume and it’s between the level 9-10). I used manic panic in the shade ultra violet diluted with conditioner and left it on for an hour to tone my hair and when I washed it off it came out actually really nice and ashy but I didn’t like how my bangs tuned out, they were too silvery-blue for my liking so I decided to put on them a baking soda mixed with shampoo to get back to white but instead my bangs oxidized I guess?? And they became greenish- I even tried a bleach bath but I feel like bleach makes it even worse and even more greenish honestly. The green didn’t affect the rest of my hair which I think is because my bangs are the most porous part and they soak up any pigment easily.. I’m currently using pink shampoo and conditioner and I even put diluted pink hair dye on and it honestly helped a little but I’m scared that if I use purple shampoo i might make it worse and the green will come out again?? I don’t know what to do...

Manic Panic is a direct dye so different to a normal box dye. The basic rule is NEVER use bleach to remove it because it has the opposite effect and tends to stain the hair.

You’re unlikely to be able to remove the green so you’ll have to cover over it.

O
Manic Panic is a direct dye so different to a normal box dye. The basic rule is NEVER use bleach to remove it because it has the opposite effect and tends to stain the hair.

You’re unlikely to be able to remove the green so you’ll have to cover over it.

ohh I see! Well now I know what caused it. Thanks

Latest posts

Back