Green hair to brown?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairemariex

Reaction score
My client has warm level 7 3/4 inch roots and the mids/ends have been repeatedly bleached and had crazy colours applied. So at the moment they're a pale blonde, faded mint green sort of colour (client hasn't used crazy colour for months).

My client wants to achieve a level 5 all over colour. I was thinking to use a 5.1 (loreal) on the root to neautralise the warmth and a 5.6 to neautralise the green through the ends.

Could anyone offer any advice?

I found on one client the green really grabbed her ends I went over it with a brown however after a month the green came back through the brown. Lucky for the client she had really long hair and I gave her a good cut.

Couldn't you cleanse some of the green out, like by doing a bleach bath. And pre-pig the hair then apply desired colour?

I've mixed bleach powder with warm water before and it cleanses all the colour out quickly.

Heya hun, do a bleach with 5 vol for 30-35 mins to get the green out (best way ever!) , then colour according to what you need to do the roots the right colour and the ends pre-pig with gold or red before colouring the desired shade x

Edit:

If you can use Olaplex while doing it as it will help the condition

But follow the instructions, depending on the amount you add you need to up a level so instead of using 5vol use 10 vol ... but you can use less olaplex and not up the peroxide level xx

Last edited:
If it's pale mint green left after using a purple based crazy colour ages ago, it's likely that it's stained the cuticle and so isn't going to budge. If you apply any more bleach, it will eventually break off.

Aside from cutting it off, your only option is to neutralise and cover it with a red based semi and then carry on with your normal tint.

I agree with the above, pale mint green is normally staining and will not budge. Pop a red semi over the pre-lightened and mint areas. Then I would personally go in with a level 5 demi permanent. I wouldn't put ash on the roots unless she's looking for an ashy level 5.

Heya hun, do a bleach with 5 vol for 30-35 mins to get the green out (best way ever!) , then colour according to what you need to do the roots the right colour and the ends pre-pig with gold or red before colouring the desired shade x

Edit:

If you can use Olaplex while doing it as it will help the condition

But follow the instructions, depending on the amount you add you need to up a level so instead of using 5vol use 10 vol ... but you can use less olaplex and not up the peroxide level xx

P.s. I have done both I have covered mint green 2 times

1st time I covered with a dark red and to be honest it covered it but it washed though... and had to keep applying the red on it

The 2nd time was after a crazy colour session we let it fade out as much as possible it was Kalessi white on top and mint green underneath i had already tried bleach 40 vol to get the green out it just lightened it so waited again and i done a full head highlights with 5.52 and the bleach 5 vol (as i wasnt sure that the beach 5 vol would take the mint green out) so thought if it didn't I can just go all over again with 5.52 and it would go a deeper colour any way... (all with olaplex)

After I was absolutely gutted that it worked! Because my client didn't want to have gold running though her hair and her hair turned a pinky goldy level 7 with lovely white highlights going though it ... she didn't mind it as a stop gap but said next time to go ashy

and I can honestly say to you that the bleach 5 vol will make your job 1000 times easier when trying to cover!!

I learnt the hard way both times

(And both clients had crazy colour within 2 weeks and I still have 3 lids of it up stairs and I am really not keen on using it again!!)

Joico colour remover.
I use it all the time to remove green from hair.
It's amazing

1st time I covered with a dark red and to be honest it covered it but it washed though... and had to keep applying the red on it

The 2nd time was after a crazy colour session we let it fade out as much as possible it was Kalessi white on top and mint green underneath i had already tried bleach 40 vol to get the green out it just lightened it so waited again and i done a full head highlights with 5.52 and the bleach 5 vol (as i wasnt sure that the beach 5 vol would take the mint green out) so thought if it didn't I can just go all over again with 5.52 and it would go a deeper colour any way... (all with olaplex)

After I was absolutely gutted that it worked! Because my client didn't want to have gold running though her hair and her hair turned a pinky goldy level 7 with lovely white highlights going though it ... she didn't mind it as a stop gap but said next time to go ashy

and I can honestly say to you that the bleach 5 vol will make your job 1000 times easier when trying to cover!!

(And both clients had crazy colour within 2 weeks and I still have 3 lids of it up stairs and I am really not keen on using it again!!)

My clients friend put purple crazy colour on her hair after I highlift tinted it last week. I explained there is always some yellowness at first but it's now very ashy and not sure how to rid the ash after crazy colour? Very porous condition but wants to remain 11/1

My clients friend put purple crazy colour on her hair after I highlift tinted it last week. I explained there is always some yellowness at first but it's now very ashy and not sure how to rid the ash after crazy colour? Very porous condition but wants to remain 11/1

Any crazy colour is removed by bleach 5 vol ... then you can just tone with a Demi/Quasi colour of your choice personally i would use Loreal 10.12 or Kenra 10SM

If it's very porous then I would use Olaplex with the bleach 5 vol and also with the Demi to help keep the colour in and help the condition of your clients hair then use the no.2 after the colour before you shampoo

Xx

Latest posts

Back