Green infection under the nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossa

Reaction score
Hi there.

I have spent the past few days agonising over this and I am trying to get it looked at with a fresh pair of eyes.

This lady came to us twice, once for a full set of acrylics and a second time for the rebalance. The rebalance was on the 19th July. More than 4 weeks later, on the 11th August she booked in again, wanted a soak off and Shellac applied. When we started the soak off we realised she had an infection as 5 of her nails had green under the nail bed -see the attached pictures NB: There is still some acrylic on the nails as to was still being soaked off.

We advised her to see a doctor and not to have the shellac applied and explained that it has happened because it's had been too long since her last rebalance. She said she's been away and been busy, didn't have time, a few have lifted and she glued them down herself. We explained that water went underneath and bacteria was harvest. She was so angry at us, demanding to be compensated there and then £100 from the till. We explained we couldn't do it, that it has happened due to the fact that the enhancement were well overdue to be rebalanced. We soaked them off for free and because she has been a few times with us for waxing and massage, we were really keen to keep her happy so we offered a complimentary voucher for £40.

Not happy. Since day she called the salon a few times asking if we have decided to compensate her as she will take us to court and it'll cost us £200/day if she goes to a solicitor etc.

Now have we done anything wrong here? I am the first to admit if we have made an error and put it right for the client as I believe you need to keep them happy. But this is not because of anything we have done. I don't do acrylics myself but I am educated enough to understand the process.

She wants an answer by Monday 11am otherwise she will go to a solicitor.

Wise words for me, anybody?

Attachments

• IMG_8144.JPG
    IMG_8144.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_8144.JPG
    IMG_8144.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8147.JPG
    IMG_8147.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_8144.JPG
    IMG_8144.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 167
Let her go to a solicitor. Gluing down your nails is definitely not the way to treat them and then expect your technician to pay for your fault.
She doesn't have a case. If she's honest when trying to find a solicitor, no one will probably take her. And if she's not at least she has admitted it to you.
But to be the devil's advocate here, giving a free service and a voucher is admitting you were partly at fault. Had you refused any such compensation she wouldn't have the basis to go to a solicitor.
I would stand my ground and refuse any compensation. She should have followed proper aftercare.

Asteropi has given you perfect advice

I'd like to add that first and foremost you need to educated yourself and your team on what has happened, how it has happened and how it should be handled in future. This article from Nails Magazine, with advice from Doug Schoon, gives excellent information and even mentions clients glueing nails back on.

http://www.nailsmag.com/article/40049/pseudomonas

I've always been told to never offer compensation until you've spoken to your insurance, as you're partly admitting fault. I'd phone your insurance company. They'll help xx

Yikes I agree with everyone else. Her nails look rough too :/ :( she doesn't have a case she did not do the proper care and maintenance. You can't chase everyone down

That will grow out in 2 months time and it is a cosmetic problem and doesn't affect her general health or doesn't cause her any physical discomfort, and putting glue on natural nail and expecting for it to be ok is just stupid...
...I agree with everyone who has said that you should speak to your insurance first...
I would say that you have to investigate the whole process before you give any answers...hate people who threaten...

Latest posts

Back