Green Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMo

Reaction score
Help, i'm devastated. Had a client ring me yesterday to say 3 of her nails had gone green, I immediately told her to take off her enhancements and to give her nails a good clean. I can't believe it i've been doing nails for 4 years and NEVER had this, I did sculpted Brisa enhancements and can't think why she has got this, I told her i would do her a new set next week for FREE and she said no.

What did i do wrong? (It must have been me as i've referred to my Doug Schoon book and he said infections are down to the nail technician).

Very sad.x

OMG! I feel sick just reading this. This happened to me before and I was completely mortified!!! I completely blamed myself but I read a thread where Gigi said it doesn't necessarily have to be the nail tech's fault. The client could have banged their enhancements and water may have got trapped underneath etc. Despite meticulous nail prep, there can always be something huh?

Try not to let it bother you. Easier said than done I know but if I were offered a free set I'd jump at it!

Keep your chin up.

Sherry.x

JMo said:
Help, i'm devastated. Had a client ring me yesterday to say 3 of her nails had gone green, I immediately told her to take off her enhancements and to give her nails a good clean. I can't believe it i've been doing nails for 4 years and NEVER had this, I did sculpted Brisa enhancements and can't think why she has got this, I told her i would do her a new set next week for FREE and she said no.

What did i do wrong? (It must have been me as i've referred to my Doug Schoon book and he said infections are down to the nail technician).

Very sad.x

Sherry is right! It isnt always the nail tech's fault. I had a client with a green nail recently and I was mortified! I always prep thoroughly and clean the nail. In this particular case, when the client came in for rebalance, I noticed the green stain and a crack in the enhancement. Water had obviously penetrated it and had kept nice and warm in there. Dont blame yourself. If this is the first time it has happend to you in four years you must be doing nails correctly!

Em

JMo said:

Very sad.x
I'm very surprised you told the client to ake off her enhancements!!!
Removal is strictly a professional procedure and should never be done by the client.

I think you should have offered to remove them for her. How is a client going to remove gel enhancements by herself? Is she going to file them off herself? Pull them off?? How exactly did you advise her to remove them?

When Doug says that infection is down to the nail tech ... he is of course excluding accidents such as breakages which are of course not down to you unless you made the nails way too long for the client's lifestyle and activity level in the first place??? Only you can know this.

geeg said:
I'm very surprised you told the client to ake off her enhancements!!!
Removal is strictly a professional procedure and should never be done by the client.

I think you should have offered to remove them for her. How is a client going to remove gel enhancements by herself? Is she going to file them off herself? Pull them off?? How exactly did you advise her to remove them?

When Doug says that infection is down to the nail tech ... he is of course excluding accidents such as breakages which are of course not down to you unless you made the nails way too long for the client's lifestyle and activity level in the first place??? Only you can know this.
Geeg, I said to my client her nails needed to come off and that i would do them and reapply a new set for free. SHE then text me back to say no need all off now - nothing i can do if she's already ripped them off - not great i know. And as for the nail length this woman hardly has any length on them so that wasn't the problem.

I've just read a document by Samuel, so now feel that i did my bit, what she's done who will ever know?!

Latest posts

Back