green nails!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disco lisa

Reaction score
i need help!! i've been a trained creative tech for over a year now and never had a problem with anything before really,always found the system easy to work with and my clients love it but in the last four weeks or so i've had four ladies come to me with green nail on one or two nails!! the first one i wasn't too concerned over as she'd been gardeneing and had cracked the two nails in question and there was bits of soil around the crack! but the rest???? i am ultra careful with prep, change my white roll half way through infils(when fillings finished) always use new towels for each client and my brush is only a few months old,i always clean it after a set and before a new cleint, i'm starting to panic as i don't know what else to do, the only thing i can think of is a dust extractor which i'm gonna be looking at on sunday!!
any clues? will anything like nailfresh help???

I do not think it is your product that you have to look at here.

Something has changed in either your prep or application or your clients are being exceedingly rough on their enhancements or maybe leaving their re-balances too long in between?

When things like this happen, you have to ask your clients questions and become a bit of a detective. You must also be very observant.

Are their nails too long? Constant pressure on nails that are too long can cause pocket lifting.
Are you making sure that when you do a re-balance, that you are re-sealing all the edges surrounding the nail?? This is important.
Is maintenance timely? Nails that are too long (see above)
How have they been using their hands?

Green nails do not happen without a reason.

Is your mix off? Too wet? can cause pocket lifting of any product.
Are the nails completely dry before application? Sometimes, technicians use too much ScrubFresh or sanitizer and the nails are wet with it. This will cause pocket lifting.

Do your prep well and thoroughly and make sure the nails are absolutely dry of all substances before application and watch your mix ratio.
Make the nails the correct length for each client to allow for regrowth over the period the client is away from the salon.
Teach the client how to do a little maintenance if her nails get too long.
Teach the client not to be too rough with the enhancements and tell her about the consequences.
Don't take all the blame on your own shoulders ... unless you think you deserve it .... ask the right questions and do a bit of sleuthing yourself and throw the ball back into the client's court if you are sure the problem does not stem with you.

thank you always good to get a reply,it could be my mix maybe,i'll have to practise dryer but i don't work very wet just abit more cus of the warm weather! my gardener woman has horribly long nails and won't be talked out of it but as for the other three? one of them especially has no lifting at all on the thumb where it was which is why i'm stumped! i have to take it on my shoulders cus it can't just be a coincidence all three together can it?

Hi Lisa - Just to let you know that I had a lady today for her first infills. There was no lifting, no probs, and I do gel so no ratio probs, but she had a line of green at the point where tip and free edge meet. Well I say free edge loosely, because she was a very bad nail biter. What I think has happened is water has got trapped between the tip and her "bulbous" skin and created the infection. She has six children and has to bath most of them, so suggested that she should wear rubber gloves whilst bathing them for the time being!! Sounds daft, but I hope it will work until her nail plate has a chance to grow out and push down the skin.

Latest posts

Back