Green/yellow on silver haired lady after wash, dry and tong, any thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo1333red

Reaction score
Hi,
We had an elderly lady come into our salon today for a simple wash, blow dry and tong. My new member of staff washed the clients hair, I used mousse for a bit of hold and blow dried her hair, then I used the tongs to finish off. I was horrified as the client came back into the salon 5 minutes later and some of her hair was yellow and greenish! She complained about the hair wash and said most of her hair wasn't touched, of course I apologised for that (I've had words with the staff member!). I wondered if it was because the wash didn't remove all traces of the hairspray but when that happens the hair just gets stuck together and impossible to brush through but I've never seen it change colour? I washed the clients hair twice with a clarifying shampoo and then twice with a silver shampoo to lift out the yellow, it looked a lot better but it wasn't perfect! Does anyone have an explanation for this? I asked about medication etc but she said it hadn't changed, it sounds like a reaction to something doesn't it! Any thoughts/ideas welcomed please...

It was the hot tools I guarantee you, I bought a corioliss straightnter with the metal plates & it turns all grey hair yellow! So do tongs which are also metal :/

It was the hot tools I guarantee you, I bought a corioliss straightnter with the metal plates & it turns all grey hair yellow! So do tongs which are also metal :/

Totes!! I also find that if you use too hot a setting it burns like fook! ! I have babyliss pro ones and need to keep it around 17/18 to do mum in law or else goes pure yellow.

Latest posts

Back