Green!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

witchesmole

Reaction score
Hi all

Have had no comp for a while so haven't been able to post anything. Have been doing (well so I thought) great with my gels. My sister regularly has gels and was due for a new set this coming week, but she has informed me that she has two nails with green spots on the nail. Have only managed a quick look when collecting kiddies from school. It appears the green bit is under the nail plate. I am now panicking, I guess this is due to me, but not sure what I can have done wrong to cause this.

Can anyone reply with any suggestions? Please

Many thanks

witchesmole
x

Is there onycholysis with the green? If not, are you positive that it is under the nail plate and not between it? My money would be on it residing between the plate and product.

Have you checked out the [thread=2641]article on this subject[/thread]?

Lemme know :D

witchesmole said:
I guess this is due to me, but not sure what I can have done wrong to cause this. Can anyone reply with any suggestions? x

I responded recently to a similar question but can't for the life of me think under what thread. Anyway ...

I can't stress enough the importance of spotting 'trouble spots' during the prep for your rebalance. By trouble spots I am refering to the edges of the free edge and regrowth area (these MUST be covered with product or you will get separation and 'leaking') The edges of zone 2, (look for any tiny cracks or loose product that would indicate the nail had been bent and may be leaking). These things are fundmental and vital.

The rebalance is the most critical service we do and the way you should approach it is to PREVENT probelms occuring over the next 2-3 weeks, NOT SOLVING problems that have happened over the last 2-3 weeks. If all you are doing is solving problems in the rebalance appointment then something is wrong with your application.

Hiya ..........you might find this link of use as it explains how to deal with the dreaded 'greeny meany'.........of course this is only if it is between the product and the nail plate. If it's underneath the nail plate she will have to be referred to your GP.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4631&highlight=greenies

Hope this helps
Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back