green?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Hi Nail geeks, im a hair geek and in training beauty geek hoped u could help me. ive been wearing false nails for a month or so, as i normally do, just the glue on ones from boots ( i know, bad, but nails dont last long as a hairdresser!) and have swopped them over today and 2 off my nails have some green patches on them!!:eek: this hasnt happened before, any ideas?

its a bacterial infection....stick on nails are known for causing this due to the nails not being properly prepped and moisture getting under the nails.

Once the stick on's are removed and the air gets to them they should be fine...the green stain is actually bacteria poo :lol: and will have to grow out...keep them clean and don't stick any more nails on.

This what we call a greenie, its caused from moisture getting trapped between the natural nail and false glue on nail,
put greenie in the search bar and you will bring up loads of threads with answers hth
Debbie types faster than me

what angie said lol...also there is no reason really why artificial nail enhancements..such as acrylic (l+P) should not be lasting on you...
I have a couple of hairdresser clients and their nails last fine,
2-3 weeks inbetween appointments as usual..no lifting or anything.
So it really shouldn't be a problem if they are applied correctly
hth x

hi, they dont tend to last cos i suffer from dermatits and it is in my nails, and thereofre theyre very ridgey and lumpy this is y i was told they dont last. also its jst paying the money for something that no doubt is going to get tint on it at some point!!:eek:

hi, they dont tend to last cos i suffer from dermatits and it is in my nails, and thereofre theyre very ridgey and lumpy this is y i was told they dont last. also its jst paying the money for something that no doubt is going to get tint on it at some point!!:eek:

If you have such severe problems with your nails then you shouldnt be wearing things like these stick ons as they will just be cause more damage than is already there.

You really need to take more care of your nails in a different way. What do the professional say you should do that you have shown your nails to?

but you pay for stick ons and they get tint on...and green stains on your nails....:lol:

I use a non soak off gel and do 4 hairdressers...not one of them gets stained nails from tint...it wipes off...100% cos its non porous.

Your a hairdresser, what would you say to someone who said...."i'll just bleach my own hair cos its cheeper"...???? i am guessing something like...i wouldn't recommend you do that as you could damage your hair, go to a professional if you want it done right and safe.

Stick on nails are not designed for wearing for 4 weeks at time...every month....the are designed to be used as a one off for special occasions for people who don't/cant have enhancements perminately.....and even then i would recommend having them applied by a pro.

Latest posts

Back