greenfingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thg

Reaction score
hi all
one of my clients who has her nails done every 2 weeks religiously. who also takes great care of her nails, has in the last month developed a fungus which i can't understand why, none of my other clients have ever had this i myself am a hairdresser and constantly have my nails in water and have never got this,the funny thing is theres no lifting of the nails that have it, then my daughter came up with a valid question. would contact lens fluid affect the acrylic. can anybody help me on this, as i'm at a loss for what to do. cheers ann:green:

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a client that developed two "greenies," and I couldn't figure out why because I sanitize and prep meticulously. Until she told me that the two nails had lifted and she put glue underneath to seal it up until her next fill!!:eek:
So there is no telling what kind of moisture or bacteria she sealed up under the nail when she glued it down.
I gently scolded her, and told her not to do that again, and there was never another problem with her nails.
So maybe your client is tampering with her nails, just a thought.:)

i just thought the contact lens fluid might have some chemical reaction to the acrylic as i think it's alkaline based. weird that it has'nt happened on any of my other clients?
ann

yes but do you think the lens fluid could be doing this to the nail?
it just seems strange that none of my other clients get it.
strange isn't it
ann

To my knowledge, the only way it would be the lens cleaner is if there is lifting somewhere on the nails. My mum has had l&p enhancements in the past, she also wears contacts and has never had greenies. I could be wrong.

She may not look like she has lift, but once moisture has got under the enhancement, you won't see any lift.

There must be a slight bit of lift for moisture to get under the enhancement and for the bacteria to grow.

It must be something your client has done herself, not you Hun.

yes seems like the most likely the reason this is happeningthanks for your input
ann:)

Contact lens fluid has no effect at all on enhancements ... good grief, can you imagine what it would do to someones eyes if it affected polymerised plastic!!!

I hope you got the point that this green is NOT a fungus but a simple bacterial infection. It is so important to use the right terms for things or others (particularly new ones here on the site) get so confused. It is also professional.

Latest posts

Back