Greenie, but it's black she is 91!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a little TLC

Reaction score
Hi there,

I know we don't diagnose as nail techs but would just like your opinion as to what you think this is...

This is my 91 yes 91 year old client.
She has Shellac every 3 weeks, last time she came in she had just a very faint line on two of her nails that looked like a pen mark. This time it's grown. Is it a greenie??

She is very had on her nails and left it 4 weeks before she came back and most had lifted and broken, so I presumed this was a bacterial infection as it was obvious that water or liquids had got under the gel - cleaned sanitised scrub fresh etc but it's worse today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 598
Yes that's definitely a greenie. :( xx

Thought as much :irked:

I thought that the fresh air killed the bacteria?

Well you can sanitise it but even a wee but of lifting as bacteria is so tint it will get under xx

From my computer it looks purple like a bruise which would make sense if it was a small line that got bigger and darker without a coating on it. Air does kill a bacterial infection straight away. It would not get darker after being exposed to air.

From my computer it looks purple like a bruise which would make sense if it was a small line that got bigger and darker without a coating on it. Air does kill a bacterial infection straight away. It would not get darker after being exposed to air.

I have to agree with Shannon, looks like a simple bruise

It's not a bruise ladies....most of it wiped off with scrub fresh and I gently buffed so just a tiny amount was left ( she had shellac on )

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it but she has a dark smudge on her face - looks like charcoal - that is a skin blemish?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 213
Just to let you know, I have this on my big toe. Knowing that this could be an infection, I went to my GP and he has referred me to a dermatologist. I would advise you client to get it checked out xx

Latest posts

Back