Greenies!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyDodds

Reaction score
:cry:
Hiya,

Can anyone help?!?

I've one client who, up until 4 months ago, never had a greenie, yet now, 4 months later she's getting a new greenie between 2-weekly fills!

I'm at my wits end! I'm using Krystal Clean to help solve the problem, yet it still keeps happening.

Unfortunately my client gets occasional lifting, which i can understand helps the greenies occur, ant i'm doing my best to solve it, but my main problem is that she picks her extensions off, leaving an extremely thin nail plate underneath, which sometimes bleed when she does it (and she did this before the greenies appeared), could this cause the greenies?

I'm at the point of telling her to have her ext removed, but i just don't know what to do!

Please help!

Greenies are a by product of bacteria that re-produce inbetween the enhancement and the nail plate. 'Poo' if you like! :green:

Nail enhancements need a good base to stay on and wear normally, and as your client picks hers off, she will be damaging them each time, and I would tell her this!!

I personally would sit her down and tell her that if she wants to wear them with no problems, then she MUST stop picking them.

Is it costing her the price of a full set every couple of weeks? x

It averages about 5 new nails each time, but, the muppet i am, i only charge her the standard fill price cos i feel it's my fault.

Every time i ask how the nails come off, even though it's evident she's picked them off, she says they just 'fall' off or 'float' off in the bath!

What am i doing wrong?

Incidentally, she's had 10 greenies in 4 months!

If shes picking them off, the damage is there for all to see.

I would also charge for each replacement, you will find that she soon stops the picking.

Give her an objective, if she comes back in 2/3 weeks with all nails on, you will offer a free product (cuticle oil) or file & polish on toes. Worth a try if she is a regular client.

Failing that, if the damage is getting worse, refuse to reapply, but advise on a course of regular manicures to get nails back in tip top condition.xx

sweetie if she picks them off it is not your fault

explain to her all about the damage she is doing

if you are going to reapply make sure you charge her correctly

do what bagpuss did...next time she is in...tell her if she does not pick them you will do her next enhancments half price...that way...she has got a goal and your greenies will go xx

Will give it a shot!

Thank you, nice to know it's not me!

In all honesty,

I certainly would not offer her an 'incentive'.

This is NOT your fault at all, so therefore you must NOT give a discount, free nails or whatever, charge her FULL PRICE for each REPLACEMENT - ON TOP of your infill price - you will soon see an improvement.

Wipe acetone over the nail plate that has been picked.....lovely shredded nail is what she will see, then act all 'Oh dear, this looks like it has come off with force' - Tell her that IF they were just 'Falling off' in the bath there would be absolutely NO damage to her nail plate AT ALL, and ask her to be truthful with you.

All I can say about the greenies is that she cant wash her hands that often! YUK.

Please be strong and take charge, I know its hard sometimes to be that confident, but its YOUR name that could be tarnished by the state of her nails, and your giving her a discount for the pleasure!!! :hug:

:cry:
Hiya,

Can anyone help?!?

I've one client who, up until 4 months ago, never had a greenie, yet now, 4 months later she's getting a new greenie between 2-weekly fills!

I'm at my wits end! I'm using Krystal Clean to help solve the problem, yet it still keeps happening.

Unfortunately my client gets occasional lifting, which i can understand helps the greenies occur, ant i'm doing my best to solve it, but my main problem is that she picks her extensions off, leaving an extremely thin nail plate underneath, which sometimes bleed when she does it (and she did this before the greenies appeared), could this cause the greenies?

I'm at the point of telling her to have her ext removed, but i just don't know what to do!

Please help!

This turned my Stomach, how can people do this to themselves?

Good Luck hun

It averages about 5 new nails each time, but, the muppet i am, i only charge her the standard fill price cos i feel it's my fault.

Every time i ask how the nails come off, even though it's evident she's picked them off, she says they just 'fall' off or 'float' off in the bath!

What am i doing wrong?

Incidentally, she's had 10 greenies in 4 months!

Why does she keep coming back then? She's taking the mick cos she thinks you can't tell and she's taking advantage of your kind nature!:irked:

Latest posts

Back