Greenies!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsmith

Reaction score
Hi All

Im very curious!! I have been doing nails for 7 years now and never had many problems up until now.

I have a lovely client who have been coming to me for about 2 years during the first year we had no problems - she then announced she was touring part of the world. She wanted to keep her nails which was fine to me so we put a net set on so they were nice and fresh.

But while she was away the problems started - she had then maintained a couple of times in different countries until she hit Singapore where she had maintaince done. By the time she got to New Zealand all her nails were covered in greenies. She was too shocked to take them off and was desparate to keep them up!! No one would touch them in NZ and a couple of technicians were awful to her.

When she came back to england - we soaked off all the old acrylic and put some overlays on - eventually most of the green grew off - but this is where my problem kicks in - every so often she comes back for maintenance and there are a couple of greenies again - there is no lifting to be seen anywhere. then they grow off and hey presto another couple appear.

I know this lady is adament in not taking off her nails (did try this one) I cant think of what else to do but perserve.

Does the bacterial infection lay dormant and reappears when it feels like it, is there another product to help get rid of it once and for all.

Help Im at a loss with this one.

Heidi

i don't know if this is of any use......but........I have a client who came to me approx 3 years ago after a bad case of greenies and i mean bad!!!! She had had them for aprox 3 months and they had just got worse and worse every time she went for a rebalance..........also note that the salon in question neer once soaked off the enhancements......just continously rebalanced......
any way the first appointment was a nightmare i could have cried!!! I soaked them off and buffed the nail plate lightly to remove a little of the stain..........i really did'nt want to do them and i told her so but she insisted......luckily i had already done my research and knew that i could still apply enhancements using the correct methods.............and lo and behold all of the stains grew out and we were left with nice nail plates!!! But ever so often a greenie would appear and it was always when she had damaged a nail........they would come and go and i was so devastated when it did happen but i knew how meticoulous my prep was............i even begged her to go to the doctors on so many occasions..........and then i think this site came along.........read the bit about greenies and started to wonder...........we had always been taught at college to retail glue to clients incase they broke a nail........yet in the tutorial it did'nt reccomend it.......so at her next rebalance we talked about the greenies...........while we were discussing it she told me how when she cracked a nail she applied nail glue in the crack that had been retailed to her at the previous salon.........she had been doing this all along...........so we had a discussion how i could not rule it out that it may have ben the glue that was causing the greenies...........so she stopped using it and just came to me for a repair if neccessary.............to this day we have never seen a greenie on her nails :green: !!!!

hsmith said:
Hi All

Im very curious!! I have been doing nails for 7 years now and never had many problems up until now.

I have a lovely client who have been coming to me for about 2 years during the first year we had no problems - she then announced she was touring part of the world. She wanted to keep her nails which was fine to me so we put a net set on so they were nice and fresh.

But while she was away the problems started - she had then maintained a couple of times in different countries until she hit Singapore where she had maintaince done. By the time she got to New Zealand all her nails were covered in greenies. She was too shocked to take them off and was desparate to keep them up!! No one would touch them in NZ and a couple of technicians were awful to her.

When she came back to england - we soaked off all the old acrylic and put some overlays on - eventually most of the green grew off - but this is where my problem kicks in - every so often she comes back for maintenance and there are a couple of greenies again - there is no lifting to be seen anywhere. then they grow off and hey presto another couple appear.

I know this lady is adament in not taking off her nails (did try this one) I cant think of what else to do but perserve.

Does the bacterial infection lay dormant and reappears when it feels like it, is there another product to help get rid of it once and for all.

Help Im at a loss with this one.

Heidi
Some clients are more susceptible to this type of bacterial infections, and you may want to avoid introducing water when providing a service for this client. I had one client who if we washed her hands with antibacterial soap and water, she ended up with a bacterial infection from the water that her nails absorbed in the short amount of time they were exposed to the water. If we used Cool Blue (CND waterless hand sanitizer) and I was careful in my preparation, she did not get an infection. She also agreed to a much stricter maintainence schedule, rebalancing every 2 weeks and wearing gloves to do dishes and such in order to keep her enhancements on. She was also not allowed to glue at home, but could stop in to the salon in case of an emergency for a repair if she smacked one and it lifted.

Your client may end up in much the same situation if you want to continue to provide her with the enhancements. She may be one of those clients who is more susceptible to infection since she has had a serious bout of the dreaded "greenies" and may even notice signs of bacterial infection if you provided a water manicure and polish. The coating over top of any excess moisture is a wonderful breeding ground for those monsters.

I hope that this info gives you some useful ideas to try.

Hi

Many thanks for the reply unfortuntely we do all of the suggestions, we use a waterless sanitiser, she never glues any on, she rings up asap if one has started to lift and i get her in the very same day - i just seem at a loss as I have never seen anything like it .

Heidi

Latest posts

Back