Greenlight colour-luxury

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micheala robb

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im currently in the process of opening my own salon (yeahyyy) and am looking for a good,quality (in terms of coverage, high lift tints and glossy) and of course fairly cheap hair colour range to get in stock. Im trained with loreal but iv got an open mind and am willing it change if the results are great :)

Does any1 have any experience or know of the colour company greenlight???its based in italy????

Iv met with the rep today and the colour chart is impressive but as we all are im skepitcal :/ any info or advice would be greatly appreciated guys thanks xx

Never heard of them. It sounds daft but have you Googled them? Google greenlight complaints, things like that to see what may come up.

I recommend you go for one of the market leaders though. I work with Wella and it is not that much more expensive than the cheaper ranges, your clients know the products and as a hairdresser, I have seen cheaper ranges be used and the result is not comparable.
xx

I agree with Kimmi. I have just gone mobile and tried affinage colour range as it was cheaper. Thing is it's not cheaper if you are having to redo the service because it didn't take how you want! I have gone back to wella which i had used for years. I know its a predictable colour.

You buy cheap, you get cheap. Never skimp with your colour and use a recognised brand. They have the backing, technology and marketing to help you build a clientele from.

I love wella, I wouldn't say they were cheap but their colours are fab!! X

It takes years to thoroughly know your chosen brand of colour. I use Matrix in my salon and it's no better or worse than any of the other leading makes. They are all pretty much the same, great quality but unpredictable on difficult colour corrections etc. What makes the difference is YOUR knowledge of the product - what it can achieve, what shades go too brassy or ashy in certain situations etc etc. I would advise to stick to one of the main companies, don't go saving pennies on colour that you've never heard of. Also go with something that you can easily get hold of in a hurry. It's no good having to order via the net when a regular client is in tomorrow and you've run out of the shade you need for the regrowth. The other thing is, whichever company you go with, use their peroxide too otherwise they will not guarantee any results. It's unlikely that the brand of peroxide will have any impact on the final results but it's always best to cover yourself should the worse happen.
Hope this helps.
Nick

It takes years to thoroughly know your chosen brand of colour. I use Matrix in my salon and it's no better or worse than any of the other leading makes. They are all pretty much the same, great quality but unpredictable on difficult colour corrections etc. What makes the difference is YOUR knowledge of the product - what it can achieve, what shades go too brassy or ashy in certain situations etc etc. I would advise to stick to one of the main companies, don't go saving pennies on colour that you've never heard of. Also go with something that you can easily get hold of in a hurry. It's no good having to order via the net when a regular client is in tomorrow and you've run out of the shade you need for the regrowth. The other thing is, whichever company you go with, use their peroxide too otherwise they will not guarantee any results. It's unlikely that the brand of peroxide will have any impact on the final results but it's always best to cover yourself should the worse happen.
Hope this helps.
Nick

Good advice ;)
I also use Matrix, love it, and the training is fab. Good luck with your salon, and let us know how you get on with your choice x

I'm a big fan of matrix! We changed from wella to matrix a few months ago and it took some time to get used to as it seems to easy! The colour you see is the colour you get, I was so used to working out tones and coverage with wella it's hard to believe that matrix takes care of all that and you just pick the colour!

Also matrix you get 90ml tubes for around £6

Let's not forget your clubatrix points aswell!! If you spend over 1200 quid a month they give you 5% back in vouchers every two months! You can buy all sorts even training

Thanks guysssss,

sorry its took a while to reply!!! The greenlight company when iv searched it google does not have any reviews which i guess is worrying! The rep assured me that i would get training on the colours etc... the colours themselves are not totally cheap 5.60 plus ur vat! but advice taken on having a supplier close buy just incase u run out!:Scared:

Im getting a good vibe from matrix colours??? Does any1 know how i get in touch with a supplier pls????

Im loving this by the way you guys are a real help!!! Now
im just stuck with the dilema of a name?????wanitng something quirky and not necessarily hair related! any ideas :p

Thanks againxx

Thanks guysssss,

sorry its took a while to reply!!! The greenlight company when iv searched it google does not have any reviews which i guess is worrying! The rep assured me that i would get training on the colours etc... the colours themselves are not totally cheap 5.60 plus ur vat! but advice taken on having a supplier close buy just incase u run out!:Scared:

Im getting a good vibe from matrix colours??? Does any1 know how i get in touch with a supplier pls????

Im loving this by the way you guys are a real help!!! Now
im just stuck with the dilema of a name?????wanitng something quirky and not necessarily hair related! any ideas :p

Thanks againxx

Where are you based? I just started with matrix and they have done me an amazing deal, I've worked with it before and truly love it!!

im in Hartlepool the north east, aww have you, defo worth me ringing them then?? do u have a contact number then for them pleaseeeeee??

Do they do a styling range to???:biggrin:

Last salon I worked in used matrix an I miss it so much we use goldwell which is good but I knew matrix they have a great colour range and colourgraphics which is the best highlighting product I've ever used s great range of products including biolage which I believe is more organic it's awesome and they just introduced a new more purse friendly range of take home products too oh I miss matrix sooooo much lol
Cat x

im in Hartlepool the north east, aww have you, defo worth me ringing them then?? do u have a contact number then for them pleaseeeeee??

Do they do a styling range to???:biggrin:

What wholesalers are up that way? Ewd ? Aston and fincher?

I agree with Kimmi. I have just gone mobile and tried affinage colour range as it was cheaper. Thing is it's not cheaper if you are having to redo the service because it didn't take how you want! I have gone back to wella which i had used for years. I know its a predictable colour.

Have you joined the Freelance Hair & Beauty Federation? They have a strong regional group in the Kent area. I know as I have attended quite a few of their meetings & they are a friendly bunch:D

Latest posts

Back