Greeting clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbucks88

Reaction score
...Hi i dont want to sound silly but im new to the beauty industry and just started a saturday job in a beauty spa, was hoping someone can give me an example more of how to talk on the phone for booking in appointments, queries, wondering how to adress and talk in a professional way etc i really want to be the best i can at customer service and dont want to mess it up and having to ring clients back..which would be embarrasing, we have done practice book ins at the salon but i did struggle with what to say and felt daft:confused:

I used to work in customer service, before long this stuff just flows naturally.

Answer the phone, good morning/afternoon, **** (name of salon) Michelle speaking, how may I help you?

Take the booking or enquiry, repeat it back to them 'so we will see you in x date and time for a facial'. Is there anything else I can do for you today? Ok, thank you for your call, we look forward to seeing you.

When they come in, big smile, arms not crossed, say hello, arrive them in the system, take their coat, ask them if they'd like a drink and invite them to sit down and wait for their therapist, keep them informed if the therapist is running late (if so offer them a magazine to read).

On their way out compliment them (your nails look nice, the colour really suits you etc) ask them if they would like to book their next appointment, say goodbye, give them their coat and wish them a pleasant day of evening, if it's a Fri wish them a good weekend.

Hope this helps :)

Also, if you don't know the answer it's not a crime to take the customers details, find out the info, and call them back. But make sure you do so quickly!

I used to work in customer service, before long this stuff just flows naturally.

Answer the phone, good morning/afternoon, **** (name of salon) Michelle speaking, how may I help you?

Take the booking or enquiry, repeat it back to them 'so we will see you in x date and time for a facial'. Is there anything else I can do for you today? Ok, thank you for your call, we look forward to seeing you.

When they come in, big smile, arms not crossed, say hello, arrive them in the system, take their coat, ask them if they'd like a drink and invite them to sit down and wait for their therapist, keep them informed if the therapist is running late (if so offer them a magazine to read).

On their way out compliment them (your nails look nice, the colour really suits you etc) ask them if they would like to book their next appointment, say goodbye, give them their coat and wish them a pleasant day of evening, if it's a Fri wish them a good weekend.

Hope this helps :)

Thankyou soo much :lol: i really appreciate you taking the time to reply back, all your advice is soo useful im goin to write all this down to help me, and use this when im next in work, i dont thin ill feel so nervous when it comes to answeing the phone at work ;)

Thankyou soo much :lol: i really appreciate you taking the time to reply back, all your advice is soo useful im goin to write all this down to help me, and use this when im next in work, i dont thin ill feel so nervous when it comes to answeing the phone at work ;)

You are welcome :)

Latest posts

Back