Grey colour recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajcoops

Reaction score
Hi I have managed to bleach my daughters hair from a dark brown to a yellow blonde. She wants a permanent grey. Can you recommend some colours please that won't go green. Not sure if I would need to tone first. Not something we got taught about when I trained 30 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated really out of my depth. Thank you

Hi I have managed to bleach my daughters hair from a dark brown to a yellow blonde. She wants a permanent grey. Can you recommend some colours please that won't go green. Not sure if I would need to tone first. Not something we got taught about when I trained 30 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated really out of my depth. Thank you
Unfortunately nothing will be permanent, because of the nature of pre bleached hair, nothing will be permanent.
If she's only lifted to yellow I'm guessing level 8? Then you do need to pre tone with a level 8 violet.
Then you can start looking at your grey shades.
Do you know what kind of grey you're aiming for?

My brother has dark blonde tinted hair and want to go medium grey. How can I achieve this look?

My brother has dark blonde tinted hair and want to go medium grey. How can I achieve this look?
You'll need to pre lighten the hair first, you need to remove all trace of orange and yellow before you're able to create grey.
Having grey hair is a lot of up keap, it's not a low maintenance thing.

Latest posts

Back