Grey coverage and multi-dimensional color

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair on Fleek

Reaction score
Hello salon geeks! I am wondering what the most sufficient and quickest technique is to cover grey and do a tri plus color highlight/lowlight.... Example: I have a client who needs coverage with 20volume at the new growth area but wants to do red brown black and blonde highlight/lowlights... Should I apply first with 20 volume to the new growth and then go back through and foil all the different colors? I have done this in the past but sometimes it seems to muddy up the colors like blonde at the new growth area where I overlapped.. How can I get 100% coverage without muddying the new growth with overlapping colors? Also should I bump down my developer to a 10 on everything except my blondes and the new growth area where she is super resistant? I think this is healthier for the hair but it takes more time.. : / What should I do?

I can't comment on developer because you haven't given formulas but I would foil & flood afterwards

I can't comment on developer because you haven't given formulas but I would foil & flood afterwards
Thanks for the response! Do you mean "flood" as in doing the negrowth after words? Would I do it while the foils are processing or rinse them and go back through?

Most effective way is always work foils first- mix different formulas for the regrowth and the lengths and ends for each colour.

Keep the slices fine and the foils tight, then apply the root application and lengths and ends.

What will the root shade be? I only ever foil after a root colour if it's a very light root shade, I meant in my post I would put all foils in then flood straight away not rinse Inbetween

Latest posts

Back