Grey coverage & colour advice Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemb18

Reaction score
Looking For some advice on a new client please :cool:

Images are attached of the clients hair she has taken and how she would like it.
I have popped in and seen her hair and not quite sure what to think lol.

She says Previous stylist has done highlights of bleach.
Her natural is a base 5 so is pretty dark.

Her hair is currently 80% grey on the sides and front area, then the rest is 50% grey.
The colour is very uneven (not surprised with bleach on 80% grey hair o_O). The hair is also looking pretty yellow.

So she wants to stay blonde as you can see by the image she has shown me, she wants a nice even blonde colour, she has said it docent even have to be that light. (picture attached).

Im thinking 12/1 High Lift Tint Wella in the 50% grey areas and 99/0 with 6% in the 80% grey areas.
Then possibly taking the high-lift tint through for the last 10-15 minutes. i wouldn't normally take a high-lift through but the hair is so uneven i need to try and even it out, or even just take it through where needed.

Then once done rinse off and see if it needs a toner :confused:
Any advise will be great help :D
Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 90
  • thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 80
Hi

Does your client want a all over colour or foils? The picture of what she wants looks more like foils, if she wants foils I would stick to pre lightner but using higher levels of developers in the areas that are darker and tone using 10/16 to clean out any warmth. But I would pack in loads of foils to give the lighter effect

I agree. I would do a full head of finely weaved foils of bleach but pack lots in and then tone rather than a full head tint. :)

I prefer Illumina for grey coverage especially on mature clients as it gives a more translucent natural looking cover that blends in better with the grey.

I definitely wouldn't use a highlift with 12% on grey hair. I'd probably also recommend she has fewer foils but with a diagonal placement rather than an ordinary full head as it will look too obvious as it grows out against a base 5 root.

Hi

Does your client want a all over colour or foils? The picture of what she wants looks more like foils, if she wants foils I would stick to pre lightner but using higher levels of developers in the areas that are darker and tone using 10/16 to clean out any warmth. But I would pack in loads of foils to give the lighter effect

she wasn't really bothered if she had highlights or an all over colour.
She just wanted an even colour, rather than it looking all mix and match.

Will give it a go with loads of foils and then tone it with 10/16 and see how we get on.
Thank you for your help <3 xx

Latest posts

Back