Grey hair-how old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly can't remember. I know that I am now positively white at the front and mid/light brown at the back! Needless to say, I will carry on with the colour.

I am 33 now and not a single grey hair in sight :D
I have also been dying my hair blonde since I was 14 so I have no idea if there are greys lurking around.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm 45 and evenly grey all over, just completing the growing out process. The white started at 18 and by 25 I was having to get it tinted!

I was 19 when I started going grey, now I'm 25 and I have loads. A friend of mine who is 10 years older than me couldn't believe how many I had. Sometimes it's really depressing but then I look at my other friend with Alopecia and think I'm lucky to have hair. X

I can't remember how long ago my fight with grey hair began! After many years of having my hair tinted I gradually went blonde to hide the greys. Recently I decided to embrace the grey rather than keep with the blonde.
I got my hair bleached and coloured with a grey toner that matched the silver grey roots on the top of my head. Of course the roots growing in at the sides and back of my head are more a dark salt and pepper grey ;)

Today I am going for the crop!

A short hair cut will cut out the previously lightened hair and (fingers crossed) will leave me with lovely natural salt and pepper and silver hair! I think if its a textured modern cut then it won't be too ageing....well here's hoping!

I'm 48 and have about 6 or 7 greys which i spot every so often ( v noticeable in dk brown hair!) I only noticed the first ones about 4 or 5 years ago - this does coincide with having teenage daughters but i rather think it was going to happen anyway!

Should have said i spot them and pull them out lol

I can't remember how long ago my fight with grey hair began! After many years of having my hair tinted I gradually went blonde to hide the greys. Recently I decided to embrace the grey rather than keep with the blonde.
I got my hair bleached and coloured with a grey toner that matched the silver grey roots on the top of my head. Of course the roots growing in at the sides and back of my head are more a dark salt and pepper grey ;)

A short hair cut will cut out the previously lightened hair and (fingers crossed) will leave me with lovely natural salt and pepper and silver hair! I think if its a textured modern cut then it won't be too ageing....well here's hoping!

Photo please?? :)

20 at my temples:irked: now 48 and a lot of sliver white which does not really show too much with blonde hair and I like it ..... peace at last as the hair war is over:lol:

I'm 39 and found my first grey hair around 2 months ago...I haven't found any more...yet :(

Have to show us a photo :)

My hairdresser thinks I should bleach the dark grey up to white blonde....but I think I'll give au natural a go for a while until I think Oh No Natural!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 80
I think I found a grey hair last week, but i have one hair, a full head of highlights so not sure if it was a blonde hair or not! I'm going to ask my hair dresser in 2 weeks if she's seen any grey, I want to grow my hair and go back to my natural brown hair, but not if there's great in there!

:)

I remember exactly my first grey hair because I was on the tube to oxford street on my aromatherapy course.I was with my work colleague and she reached over and pulled out a pure white hair from around my temple.It was 1989 so I was about 26 and they were soon sprouting up all over the place.
It was not long after I first used a box colour dark copper mahogany which I did myself and was a good colour because my hair was very short so it didn't get out of condition and I've never been grey since.
I now have it coloured professionally and am a honey blonde.I wouldn't dare colour my own grey root hair I'd probably end up looking like a tiger.

My hairdresser thinks I should bleach the dark grey up to white blonde....but I think I'll give au natural a go for a while until I think Oh No Natural!

Now that looks nice because its a short textured style.I reckon I'm about as grey as you and I've got a chin length bob and I know it would just be so frizzy grey.

Does anyone notice the grey ones are especially wiry and grow quicker?

Does anyone notice the grey ones are especially wiry and grow quicker?

Definately wiry my hair is just dull and flat without good care.Its a bit like skincare I can't just get away with supermarket products anymore.

Latest posts

Back