Grey hair ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 143741

Reaction score
Hi, I am not a hairdresser but would love some advice please. I am 52 and have grey hair coming through. At present, I have dyed honey blonde hair. I have my roots done every 6 to eight weeks. In between my visits to my hairdresser, I do my own roots using a box colour and I have to say that it always turns out well. However, I would like to change my hair colour to a blonde that disguises my greys so that I do not have to do my own roots in between visits. A blonde/colour etc that embraces my greys but does not show too much that I am going grey. If anyone has any photos of such shades and colours, that would be really helpfull! Thankyou in advance.

Grey hair isn’t actually grey at all but white/translucent so it doesn’t contain much colour pigment.
It only appears to look grey because of the surrounding darker hair.

I don’t know what product your hairdresser is currently using but I like Wella Illumina when covering grey as it’s not a solid colour but looks more natural and blends more softly with the grey. Maybe ask your hairdresser to try it?

Grey hair isn’t actually grey at all but white/translucent so it doesn’t contain much colour pigment.
It only appears to look grey because of the surrounding darker hair.

I don’t know what product your hairdresser is currently using but I like Wella Illumina when covering grey as it’s not a solid colour but looks more natural and blends more softly with the grey. Maybe ask your hairdresser to try it?

Thankyou so much for your advice! Have only just joined and was not expecting a reply so soon. Thankyou again

Latest posts

Back