Grey hair query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosiedrew

Reaction score
new client very grey and dirty grey at the back. She has had bleach so hair is porous.

I'll pre soften.

I'm thinking KP 99/0. With 6% But, concerned about the back of hair which is most probably virgin and dark.

Thanks.

Hi Rosie,
Have you done a strand test? You only need to pre-soften if the hair is resistant. If it's quite porous from bleaching, chances are it won't be resistant.
What are you trying to achieve?
I generally prefer to use Illumina rather than KP as it gives a slightly translucent coverage rather than solid cover and I think it looks more natural on older ladies and suits their skin type better, if it's starting to thin a little.

Hi Rosie,
Have you done a strand test? You only need to pre-soften if the hair is resistant. If it's quite porous from bleaching, chances are it won't be resistant.
What are you trying to achieve?
I generally prefer to use Illumina rather than KP as it gives a slightly translucent coverage rather than solid cover and I think it looks more natural on older ladies and suits their skin type better, if it's starting to thin a little.
Thanks Lyndsey.

I'm doing this client lunch time so can't get hold of illumina but I will bear that in mind.

I've bought 99/00 xx

Latest posts

Back