Grey lilac nightmare, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxkellyx21xxx

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm fairly new here, well new to posting anyway, so hoping you can all help x
I have a client that who has had silver hair for a few years, wanted a change so she decided to have grey lilac roots going into a silver ombre.
Coloured over pre lightened hair (had her roots done and then changed to the lilac after a week) I used Schwartzkopf igora lilac grey with 3% and silver with 3% developed for 35 mins, all great, it looked gorgeous!
After the first wash 4 days later it faded and after 2 weeks it's washed out almost completely.
I have re done it today, scrape test all good, left it on for full 45 mins, and nothing, not worked at all!

Could you try 0.11 & 9.5-22 instead? I think the silvers & greys (with names not numbers) in schwarpskopf don't last long

Hello, greys and lavender tones are super high maintenance and do not last very long! I get my clients to maintain their grey/ lavender with super strong blue/ Violet shampoo ie Colour Method Ultra Violet shampoo and leave it in for five minutes. And the obvious- don't wash your hair that often. Also Adore do a Platinium and Lavender direct dye. I'm yet to try the Platinium but the lavender is gorgeous silvery lilac tone that goes deeper the longer you leave it on. These all give good results for maintaining silver / lavender tones.

I am yet to try the Schwartzkopf silver series and tend to make my own tones with demi rather than permanent tones due the ammonia level.

Latest posts

Back