Grey lilac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Can anyone advise, I’m working on base 5/6 60%grey everywhere! I’m doing a full head of slices as hair is extremely thick and wanted to then gloss it with 8:0 ,88/1 in Wella colour touch the smudges into 10/0 and a smidge of /68 colour touch. She’s wanting the toner to fade so there’s no demarcation line as it grows out. I tried illumina 9/60 in the past but it washed out after a few washes, that was with 1.9. Thanks in advance 🙏

Attachments

• D844343E-9FAB-46B4-92CF-1A3E4CA6F04D.png
    D844343E-9FAB-46B4-92CF-1A3E4CA6F04D.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Can anyone advise, I’m working on base 5/6 60%grey everywhere! I’m doing a full head of slices as hair is extremely thick and wanted to then gloss it with 8:0 ,88/1 in Wella colour touch the smudges into 10/0 and a smidge of /68 colour touch. She’s wanting the toner to fade so there’s no demarcation line as it grows out. I tried illumina 9/60 in the past but it washed out after a few washes, that was with 1.9. Thanks in advance 🙏
You need to pre tone first to neutralise any existing yellow, then apply your lilac silver colour.
Your client needs to also understand that because the colour is so pastel and pale its not going to last very long. You can retail her a colour bomb if she's willing to use at home.
She'll need to purchase a mask or conditioner from you and then you can put in some crazy colour ice mauve which will help keep the colour.

Thanks for replying,What is a colour bomb? Do you think 8/0 and 88/1 will be ok to root stretch into the lilac and the 10/0 and /68 or can you recommend any other formulas ? 😀🙏

Thanks for replying,What is a colour bomb? Do you think 8/0 and 88/1 will be ok to root stretch into the lilac and the 10/0 and /68 or can you recommend any other formulas ? 😀🙏
Yep, but would definitely tone it first with 10/6 all over then go in with your root stretch and toner for the ends.

The colour bomb is literally a conditioner or mask of choice depending on the hair needs with added semi permanent colour in it. If it's quite a small tub/ bottle use half a bottle of crazy colour ice mauve.
If it's on the larger side or you want a more intense colour use more. Retail this to your client fir them to use once a week or when needed. Leave for minimum of 5 mins maximum of 20 mins.

Thankyou your advice means a lot. Is there any brand you can recommend?

Thankyou your advice means a lot. Is there any brand you can recommend?
What brands do you normally use? Or what suppliers?
I've used most brands, as I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to products 😂

Wella usually hun

If her hair is in relatively good condition then wella brilliance mask will work well. Obviously just need the small tub. If not any conditioner that you can take the lid off really

Latest posts

Back