Grey to brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose Queen

Reaction score
I’ve had a new client approach me who tried to dye her hair at home making a kind of grey ombre. The roots have a greenish tone and the ends are quite a strong grey with a blue tinge. She wants to go back to her natural colour which is a 5.3 but I’m concerned about all the mismatch of colour that could shine through, any suggestions?

I’ve had a new client approach me who tried to dye her hair at home making a kind of grey ombre. The roots have a greenish tone and the ends are quite a strong grey with a blue tinge. She wants to go back to her natural colour which is a 5.3 but I’m concerned about all the mismatch of colour that could shine through, any suggestions?
I'd Personally cleanse out the toner first.
Just because you'd be trying cover 2 different tones and depth. Adding colour over grey tends to result in a flatter muddy colour.

I'd personally use a demi permanent, in a shade or two lighter than your target depth with the correct pre pig tones in it. This will help you achieve a more even base to then apply your target shade.

I'd Personally cleanse out the toner first.
Just because you'd be trying cover 2 different tones and depth. Adding colour over grey tends to result in a flatter muddy colour.

I'd personally use a demi permanent, in a shade or two lighter than your target depth with the correct pre pig tones in it. This will help you achieve a more even base to then apply your target shade.

thanks so much for your help! It worked wonderfully

Latest posts

Back