Grey/white coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzie6

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Was looking for some advice, I've been tinting my client with 10/03 koleston 20vol this gave a lovely creamy beige blonde her hair is becoming more white/grey so coverage has become poor I've added a little base 9 but this makes it too warm can you suggest another colour not too fussed in brand I'd like to take her to more of an natural ash blonde on level 9-10?
Thanks in advance

Hi everyone. Was looking for some advice, I've been tinting my client with 10/03 koleston 20vol this gave a lovely creamy beige blonde her hair is becoming more white/grey so coverage has become poor I've added a little base 9 but this makes it too warm can you suggest another colour not too fussed in brand I'd like to take her to more of an natural ash blonde on level 9-10?
Thanks in advance
Think about using a base shade and creating your own cooler colour with the added coverage.
You can use the rule of 11 to do this. Depending on how much coverage you needed you can use 9/0 as your base or 99/0

Thanks for replying ronray, do you have any formula ideas that are not too warm I'd like to keep her at a base 9?

Ill explain the rule of 11 to you, you'll never know when it will come handy.
Wth koleston it's 11 - base shade ÷2 =grams of mix tone used in 30g of base shade.
Example 1):- 11 - 9(9/0) =2 ÷2 = 1= 1.0g of mix tone for every 30g of 9/0.
So 30g Koleston 9/0 + 1g 0/88 + 31g 6%
Example 2) 11 - 5(5/0) = 6 ÷2 = 3 = 3g of mix tone in 30g of 5/0.
So 30g Koleston 5/0 + 3g 0/44
I hope this is easy to read. If you need any more help just ask :)

Latest posts

Back